Sunday, September 03, 2006

Picture Post, Sunday September 3, 2006

September! Can ya believe it?

I've been a bad boy and haven't been scanning very many slides lately, what with Ernesto visiting and throwing urrbody into a tizzy. And for nothing. My daughter having surgery and all. Oh, yeah, and work. Can't forget work. And my new Nikon tempts me to go exploring. So I don't have any recently scanned slides from the archives to show you.

So. More Florida pictures. Well, I live here and I don't have a strong enough telephoto to take photos of any place else.



This first one is the one millionth sunset photo that I've put on the blog. (Sainted Mother must have told me a hundred billion times to stop exaggerating, as the old joke goes.) At Rykman Park in Indialantic, Florida, looking west over the Indian River Lagoon.


The top of one of Lovely Wife's wind chimes. I liked the soft reflection of the sun on it. And the spider web..


A ramp down to the beach at one of the local beach parks. Where Eau Gallie Blvd. meets A1A, but I can't remember the name of the park. The original color photo looked like a thousand other beach pictures, but was nice and contrasty, and I thought it might look good as a black and white photo. I did all the work with Photoshop Elements trickery with RGB levels and the gradient map. It ends up making a better looking black and white photo than just deleting all the color information. Kinda like the old days of using color filters to enhance certain tones when using black and white film. About the ramp; what is someone in a wheel chair gonna do when they get down there? It's not like your average wheel chair can handle soft sand. The ramp IS probably easier on bad knees. I would 'spect so anyway..


A Brevard County Deppity Shurf in his cool ride. (That's deputy sheriff for those not from the South) At Ballard Park in Melbourne, Florida.



Generic boat and reflection, but I like it anyway. At Ballard Park in Melbourne, Florida. A simple composition that works for me.



A nice sailboat heads out into the Indian River Lagoon from Ballard Park in Melbourne, Florida. I put another pic of this boat, when it was closer in, at the bottom of this post a few days ago.


Have a great Sunday!

4 comments:

Anomaly said...

Great photos, Jam - no shuttles but... ^_^

Hope Rebekah's recovering well?

Anomaly (aka Ash)

JAM said...

Thank you, no, no shuttles. They are supposed to try again this week, but I'm not sure when. If I'm at work, I'll just walk outside and watch, but if it's at a time I can be on my own, I'll try to take photos.

Rebekah is doing ok, but is very anemic (low red blood cell count) for reasons they can't figure out. They keep giving her blood, but it's not helping much. They may do a CAT scan later today to see if she's bleeding internally. So, in short, she's in the hospital and feeling better, but something is still wrong and she'll be there until they figure it out.

Thanks for asking.

Pastor Phil said...

Great photos. makes me home sick. I grew up in the late 60s in Eau Gallie. I read the mullett wrapper and fished from the pier at the library. I now live in Kingsport Tenn where I pastor at an assisted living center. Thank you for the memories.
God Bless
Pastor Phil

JAM said...

Pastor Phil, thanks for writing. If you have time to go back through my posts, I have quite a few pics here from this area of Florida. On the right of my blog page, just click on, say, March. It will load every post I wrote in March and you only have to scroll down to find any pictures I posted, and not have to read a bunch of stuff. Just look for pics that look like Florida, almost all of them on this blog are ones I took, and maybe a couple Lovely Wife or one of my daughters took.

You can do this for each month, just scroll down and look at the pictures, and click each to see a larger version.

You would be astonished at how this area has grown. We moved to Palm Bay in 1996, and things have changed much around here in just those ten years.

Again, thanks for stopping by.