Saturday, September 09, 2006

Space Shuttle Atlantis, STS-115 Liftoff Photos

You may or may not know, but the Space Shuttle Atlantis lifted off this morning from Cape Canaveral. On board was astronaut Joe Tanner, whom both of my daughters have met. He's a veteran space walker who has worked on Hubble Space Telescope repairs. I talked a bit about him on this old post.

I thought I would be different today, and just take photos from my front yard to show you my view of the Space Shuttle liftoffs from here. There are a series of photos on my Flickr page that you better go see. I just didn't want to crowd out Rachel's birthday post below, which you better also read.

(Did anyone really buy that? I made it sound like I intentionally did not get closer to the launch to show you a bit of what I see in real life. Well, I was going to go to the beach again, but instead, I woke up at 10:30am, put my camera bag on the front porch to adjust to the heat and humidity, and at 11:13am, I walked out the door, grabbed up my camera, walked out into the front yard and took those photos. So, it really is what I see from here so y'all can stand in my size 14 Nikes for a minute, but I also got maximum sleep time. he he)

No comments: