Monday, September 11, 2006

Purdy Flars (Bonus Photos #1)

That's red-neck for 'pretty flowers.'

This is a pic of Lovely Wife's flowers from our anniversary a couple of weeks ago. The bouquet is called "Hugs And Kisses." They are irises and tulips. I was gonna order some roses, but saw these and thought, hey, I like 'em better! Plus we always close out notes to one another with the wholly original xxxooo, so I went for it. I used ProFlowers.com for the first time.

It came in a big box via FedEx, which I didn't like at first. I wanted flowers that the delivery guy walked in with, ready, and her to go "Wow." But it's kind of a do it yourself deal, where you open the box, cut the bottoms of the flowers off according to instructions that come with them, and put them in the included vase with water and the little packet of food that comes along too.

They started opening in an hour or two, and the next day looked like this. They were just glorious, and Lovely Wife thought the whole process was cool. So that's fine with me.

Based on this experience, I would recommend ProFlowers.com if you have someone like Lovely Wife who like to fiddle with things and that may dig the do it yourself component of their flowers. Watching them was awesome and they stayed beautiful for days. Way prettier and longer lasting than normal delivery flowers.

Anyway. Just wanted to share the beauty.

2 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

Hey,
Ya ain't celebrating with the delivery guy--but I'd've thought the same thing about the FedEx box. Congrats on your wedding anniversary.

JAM said...

Thank you.

Yeah, you're right, but I was just used to a bouquet showing up 'ready to view', and this surprised me. It ended well, as long as she was happy with them, I was too.