Monday, September 18, 2006

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! (In Jan Brady's Voice)

It's Big Sis's Birthday Today!

First let me get this out of the way. Happy birthday Marsha, I love you and miss you.

Now. Let the pain begin.

I don't have a very good cross section of photos from Big Sis's life, so I have scoured my slide collection, and what photos our Sainted Mother has given me, to bring you the photos I have that are most likely to make Big Sis wince.

This was, dear reader, was the best I could come up with.

This first one, I put here because it pretty much sums up Big Sis's personality in one single photo.


Aww. That's Big Sis holding me when I was a wee lad. Now I'm about that much bigger than she is.


Now we're getting somewhere! Dig that 1970 dress. Groovy baby! That's Younger Brother there in her arms. Big Sis is acting all maternal and stuff, but we know better don't we?


This is one from her high school years in Vidalia, Louisiana. I mainly put this one here because of the spiffy 70's hair do she has goin' on. (You have to excuse the condition of this photo, the slide is damaged.)


And last but not least, a semi recent photo of Big Sis and the long suffering CTH. I hope he doesn't hate me for doing this.


Happy Birthday Butkus!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Happy birthday to Marsha!!

Anonymous said...

Good Lord Have Mercy, where did you find that first pic? I don't even remember that at all! OH LAWD, I'm so embarrassed. As Mark would have said "Jesus Christ in a sidecar"! Thank you for the special post about my birthday. I've had a very good day. We are going out to eat with Mama, Mark, Jonathan & Natalie to the mexican place. Andrew has a class tonight!I got a phone call from one of my KU board friends who lives in Nashville this afternoon. Thanks for remembering me. I love you guys and I miss you terribly! Got to go fast because I'm fixing to cry! Bye

JAM said...

Bwahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a big sisters bragging rights of having changed the diapers of her younger baby brothers. I still remind both of my baby brothers of this on a regular basis!