Monday, August 21, 2006

Got A Call From An Old Friend

You know how sometimes, when you need one, you ACTUALLY catch a break?

If you've been reading here lately, you possibly have noticed that I have been a bit morose. (Big Duh-huh, there, right?)

So, a few evenings ago, I get home and there's a message on the answering machine. Someone calling themselves a voice from my distant past. I called him back right away, and we had a great time catching up.

GPB was one of those childhood/high school friends that, even though we hadn't talked in years, the conversation was as if we had spoken every other day. We grew up, literally across the street from one another.

You have NO IDEA how blessed I was to talk to him.

In the scheme of things, I know that I have a great life, but sometimes, just when you need a little boost, something like that happens.

But something big like that doesn't happen a lot. So that makes it even more special.

GPB. Thank you. I'll do my best not to lose contact again.

A few months ago, on this post, under the heading "Some Things I Really Miss", I had said ...,Dr. Glenn B. and family-wherever you guys are now-sorry I lost track of you,...

It's nice to be able to scratch you off the MIA list.


Here are a few of the photos I took while Lovely Wife and I went out and about this past Saturday. These were taken at Ballard Park in Melbourne, Florida.



No comments: