Sunday, September 17, 2006

Picture Post, Sunday September 17, 2006

This first photo was of the western sky, taken a couple of weeks ago from Number One Daughter's hospital room. Yeah, I'm that pathetic, that I brought my camera to the hospital because her fourth floor room had a good vista of the evening sky over Melbourne, Florida. The hole with the sun beam coming through makes it for me.


Sea grape leaves. Sea grape is one of my favorite plants; Lovely Wife bought me one and we planted it in our back yard. This picture however, was taken on the beach just south of Sebastian Inlet. The sun was low and lit the waxy leaves nicely. I liked the color contrast between the back of the one leaf and the front of the other.


This is a decaying palm frond, on the shore of Palm Bay, part of the Indian River Lagoon. I liked the symmetry of it, and also the oyster shells and the sandy grittiness as a whole.


Looking southward one evening along the Indian River Lagoon, our section of the Intracostal Waterway.


I had stopped along the side of A1A near the Atlantic, and was walking up the road to take a picture of a roadside sign, but this backlit vine growing up the side of a telephone pole caught my eye. What the heck ya know? I like it anyway. The whole digital camera thing lets me 'burn film' like I always wanted to, but could never afford to with real film. Spiffy neato.


This is another shameless photo from Number One Daughter's hospital room. I loved the colors and how there was intense yellow/orange low in the sky, but still had blue up high.




Be sure and read tomorrow's post. It's gonna be EXTRA special!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I read that you were recently added to the Thursday Thirteen blogroll.

Welcome!! I look forward to reading your entry this Thursday!!

JAM said...

Thank you. I waited a few weeks to make sure I could come up with ideas, but finally decided to 'officially' join.

Anonymous said...

John, the sunset pictures are just to die for! You know what a sucker I am for them. I can't believe the clearness in your pics!