1. Thought: Our navel orange tree is blooming. The. BEST. smell in the world.
2. Thought: I need to get the air conditioner in my Taurus fixed. It's getting hot already down here.
3. Question: Why is Anna Nicole Smith still topping the news? It really and truly causes me to have an even lower opinion of news reporters and news organizations than I already had. I didn't thing that was possible.
4. Question: Did y'all know that Iraqis celebrated the Kurdish new year IN BAGHDAD last week? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Encouraged by the latest U.S. and Iraqi security crackdown, Kurdish and Arab families thronged to Zawra Park to celebrate Noruz, a long-standing national holiday also celebrated in Iran, Afghanistan and other nearby nations.How about them apples? People in Bagdad going to the park to have fun. I saw a ferris wheel in one picture and a kiddie train in another. Our news organizations make it sound like everyone in Baghdad has been in a bunker and hasn't seen the sun in four years. And the "surge" has hardly begun.
5. Thought: We finally had some of the indoor drywall damage from hurricanes Frances and Jeanne in summer 2004 repaired yesterday. Wuhoo!
6. Thought: Swimming pool and hot tub repairs are lined up, too! Then I can get out there and get some sun on my Casper The Friendly Ghost white legs.
7. Thought: I couldn't even begin to imagine a better wife than Lovely Wife is. She's the best.
8. Thought: Been reading a little about physics lately. Been trying to wrap my brain around the Higg's Field concept. It's almost as if the concept of ether has been reborn, though with some indirect evidence for it's existence. A Higgs Field is what theoretical physicists believe causes particles that make up atoms, to have mass. In short, no Higgs Field, nothing has mass. No mass=no matter. Like trying to run in a swimming pool. The drag on objects of different materials and size create the sense of mass. I don't like video games, but I like rasslin' with learning stuff like that.
9. Thought: I hope England doesn't "Jimmy Carter" their Iranian hostage situation. I hope Blair shows some Thatcher-like backbone.
10. Thought: I saw my first '08 Presidential campaign sticker the other day. It was a Hillary'08 sticker on a massive SUV in Melbourne, Florida. I was looking my first Democratic Candidate sticker sighting to be on a Prius, but I was wrong. I was surprised.
11. Thought: If former Tennessee Senator, and Law And Order actor, Fred Thompson runs for President, I'll vote for him in a heartbeat. I'll finally retire my W'04 bumper sticker that still have on the Taurus, and replace it with a Thompson'08 one. Maybe it's because I'm a plain-spoken southern boy and would love to watch his Presidential press conferences. He wouldn't even have to have a press secretary, he's so good. Every press conference would be like a no-holds-barred WWF Smackdown.
12. Thought: Did y'all see the photos of that hexagonal cloud formation at the north pole of Saturn, that was taken by the Cassini spacecraft? That is weird.
13. Thought: These things are SO cute. (AP Photo/Paul Miller)