Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #32


13 Thought's And Questions On JAM's Mind


1. Thought: Our navel orange tree is blooming. The. BEST. smell in the world.

2. Thought: I need to get the air conditioner in my Taurus fixed. It's getting hot already down here.

3. Question: Why is Anna Nicole Smith still topping the news? It really and truly causes me to have an even lower opinion of news reporters and news organizations than I already had. I didn't thing that was possible.

4. Question: Did y'all know that Iraqis celebrated the Kurdish new year IN BAGHDAD last week? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Encouraged by the latest U.S. and Iraqi security crackdown, Kurdish and Arab families thronged to Zawra Park to celebrate Noruz, a long-standing national holiday also celebrated in Iran, Afghanistan and other nearby nations.

Since the security plan began last month, new police checkpoints and patrols are readily evident across the city, providing people with more of a sense of safety.
How about them apples? People in Bagdad going to the park to have fun. I saw a ferris wheel in one picture and a kiddie train in another. Our news organizations make it sound like everyone in Baghdad has been in a bunker and hasn't seen the sun in four years. And the "surge" has hardly begun.

5. Thought: We finally had some of the indoor drywall damage from hurricanes Frances and Jeanne in summer 2004 repaired yesterday. Wuhoo!

6. Thought: Swimming pool and hot tub repairs are lined up, too! Then I can get out there and get some sun on my Casper The Friendly Ghost white legs.

7. Thought: I couldn't even begin to imagine a better wife than Lovely Wife is. She's the best.

8. Thought: Been reading a little about physics lately. Been trying to wrap my brain around the Higg's Field concept. It's almost as if the concept of ether has been reborn, though with some indirect evidence for it's existence. A Higgs Field is what theoretical physicists believe causes particles that make up atoms, to have mass. In short, no Higgs Field, nothing has mass. No mass=no matter. Like trying to run in a swimming pool. The drag on objects of different materials and size create the sense of mass. I don't like video games, but I like rasslin' with learning stuff like that.

9. Thought: I hope England doesn't "Jimmy Carter" their Iranian hostage situation. I hope Blair shows some Thatcher-like backbone.

10. Thought: I saw my first '08 Presidential campaign sticker the other day. It was a Hillary'08 sticker on a massive SUV in Melbourne, Florida. I was looking my first Democratic Candidate sticker sighting to be on a Prius, but I was wrong. I was surprised.

11. Thought: If former Tennessee Senator, and Law And Order actor, Fred Thompson runs for President, I'll vote for him in a heartbeat. I'll finally retire my W'04 bumper sticker that still have on the Taurus, and replace it with a Thompson'08 one. Maybe it's because I'm a plain-spoken southern boy and would love to watch his Presidential press conferences. He wouldn't even have to have a press secretary, he's so good. Every press conference would be like a no-holds-barred WWF Smackdown.

12. Thought: Did y'all see the photos of that hexagonal cloud formation at the north pole of Saturn, that was taken by the Cassini spacecraft? That is weird.

13. Thought: These things are SO cute. (AP Photo/Paul Miller)










The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

18 comments:

none said...

If Thompson runs I will plaster his stickers over every inch of my vehicle :)


I'll have to do some googling on the science stuff you mentioned. That is a fascinating topic.

Anonymous said...

I'm sick of Anna Nicole. I didn't care for her before and I don't care for her now.

Carina said...

I think I pretty much agree with you on all of those. (Except, of course, that I don't know Lovely Wife. I'll take your word on that one.)

Sindi1968 said...

FYI My husband proudly display his new stick on our mini van. "Run Hillary Run" - It is on the front bumper.

Sindi1968 said...

FYI My husband has a new sticker for our mini van - Run Hillary Run- It is on our front bumper

Chelle said...

I agree with you on the Anna Nicole topic but, did you hear? She over-dosed! On drugs! I. Am. Shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

Anonymous said...

I did that one Summer. Took me until Septemeber to finally get it fixed.
I love the smell of Orange Blossoms too.
Why do they keep bringing her name up, Let the woman be allready, we all knew she ODed on drugs, what more is there left to say!I'm sick of it too!
Have a great Thursaday!

Gattina said...

I wonder who has "photo shopped" pictures of "ferris wheel and a kiddie train" in Bagdad ! That's really a very bad joke just to put sand in peoples eyes !

Lady G~ said...

Great list. We live right next to 40 acres of orange trees. I love the scent of orange blossoms.

I would have to agree with ya, I'd vote for Fred Dalton too. Well, I'd have to see where he stands on certain issues. :o)

Glad your home got fixed. I heard last night in the news that they are looking to have around 48 hurricanes this season. That's 48 too many!

Hope you have a blessed Thursday!

Angela/SciFiChick said...

I hadn't seen those Saturn photos yet.. very cool!

Heather said...

Mmm navel tree sounds divine!!

I need my air conditioner re-filled with whatever the stuff is, maybe we can get a 2 for 1 deal!!

Those little critters are adorable! :D

Qtpies7 said...

I'm not even keeping up enough to know who that guy is, lol. I have too much to think about right now, so we just have dh follow the politics, tell me who to vote for and thats enough. Not that I CAN'T follow stuff, but I have a husband who wants to, and I trust him, and I don't want to cancell out his vote. It works for us.
Your wife is lucky to have a man who knows how lucky he is!
Oh, and I love that multi-party bumper sticker, "Run, Hilary, Run!" on the back of Dem's cars and the front of Rep's cars! Too funny!

Raggedy said...

Hubby was looking at nubmer 12 for over an hour last night and talking about it.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
Thank you for your visit.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Whoa. Heavy thoughts for a Thursday. Let's talk guitars instead!

Kidding... I think. I agree with you about the news media, btw. Glad you're ferreting out some of the stuff they're ignoring (and ignoring some of the crap. Anna who???)

Happy TT. Thanks for visiting West of Mars; hope you'll come back often!

Travis Cody said...

Interesting names surfacing as possible Republican nominees.

I like these random thought posts. I used to do them once a week.

Di said...

Yes...enough with Anna Nicole! How many millions of taxpayer dollars have gone into analyzing her death? Can we put them into education? Or helping some non-oil-producing country that is having trouble?

Pretty soon we are going to have theories of people with Anna Nicole on a grassy knoll. It's over. It's tragic. She's dead. Move on...

Anonymous said...

Thank you honey

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was just wondering why Anna Nicole Smith was/is still topping the news? I mean it's not like she was a great actress or writer or anything like that. As far as I know, I only recall her "scandals", slurred speech and nothing else.

Pathetic! Really. And yes, it was so obvious she's overdosed on drugs.