Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Fast And Furious #2

Just go with me here, OK?

Scooter Libby was convicted of four counts of perjury. Perjury is a crime. If I committed, or was convicted of perjury, I would expect to go to jail.

Isn't it weird how the jurors are all saying he was a fall guy? I ask: A fall guy for who? Or: A fall guy for what?

Valerie Plame was not an undercover operative. We now know that Richard Armitage was the source of the information that she was an employee of the CIA. But still, no crime there because she was not an undercover operative.

And it's also weird that all of the people who justified President Clinton's perjury under the umbrella of "no crime was committed" when he received sexual favors from Monica Lewinski, are now the ones crying in the streets for Dick Cheney or even President Bush to have to answer for something, anything. But just as Clinton committed no crime other than perjury, there was no crime in saying out loud, in public, that Valerie Plame was an employee of the CIA. Morons, get your act together, OK?

Again, we now know that Richard Armitage was the "source" of the so-called "leak" that Valerie Plame worked for the CIA, yet he has not been arrested, much less charged with a crime, because there was no crime involved in saying out loud, in public, that Valerie Plame was an employee of the CIA!.

On the flip side of that coin, why are all of the conservatives who, ten years ago were adamant about convicting President Clinton for perjury, now in the same streets as the liberals, only crying that Scooter Libby was unjustly railroaded? Morons, get your act together, OK? He was dumb enough to commit perjury over a situation that wasn't a crime anyway.

And I have special contempt for the jurors; what the heck are they talking about Libby being a fall guy? Again, for what? For whom? No crime was committed in this whole brouhaha other than Libby's own lying, and being caught in the lies.

Perjury is a crime, folks.


Since I'm here, I'll add this delicious little morsel. I heard, and then looked it up on PETA's web site and confirmed it, that PETA sent a letter to Al Gore, castigating him for leaving out vegetarianism as the most important and most effective way to fight global warming from An Inconvenient Truth.

Can't be a meat eater, Al, and be an environmentalist too, they say.

I noticed in the clips of Mr. Gore getting his Oscar, that he's put on a lot of weight. Probably loves a good burger.

I disagree with him on the whole man-is-causing-global-warming thing, but he's welcome to come over to our house. I'll fire up the grill and char some animal flesh for he and Tipper. I do a mean grilled hamburger, if I do say so myself. And it's easy to get good, home-grown, fresh tomatoes here in Florida, so I can guarantee satisfaction.

I'm going to eat my lunch now. Something beefy.

2 comments:

Scribbit said...

I've also heard through the blogging grape vine that Gore's mansion uses twenty times the power that the average house in his community does. Hmmm . . . can you say "double standard"?

JR's Thumbprints said...

Scooter Libby deserves everything coming his way. Perhaps this will put a little pressure on Dick Cheney too.