Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hump Day

I thought I would make it easy on myself by posting some photos.

Though these were all taken last fall, I figured that those of you in colder climes could appreciate some sunny Florida views. It has been near 80 degrees(F) here the past week or so, with sunshine and warmish/coolish breezes. Awesome.

Come on down. Our house isn't big, but if you have sleeping bags, you can crash on the floor. Hey, we have one of those nifty air mattress thingys too. Y'all are welcome to come grab some sunshine and warm weather for what ails you.

Plus, we're only an hour or so from Disney/Sea World, if you're wanting to get rid of some serious money.

From the archives:

The sky in the parking lot of the local library I like to go to in Melbourne, Fl.

This park on the Indian River Lagoon is close enough to where I work that I've eaten many, many lunches here.

Same park as in the above photo.

The sky outside work one evening. I can't take a camera into work, but I keep an ice chest in my trunk and keep my camera in there some days. This was a good evening to have it, and I tried a couple of shots at ISO 1600. The noise isn't bad, even at that high ISO. Spiffy crescent moon too.

This is the underside of one half of the Melbourne Causeway, from the same park as photos #2 and #3 above. I liked the repeating pattern of the structure and the shadows cast.

1 comment:

Sharon Lynne said...

Nice of you to invite us all down to your home for a visit. I hope you checked this first, with your lovely wife.

It's pretty nice in California too. It's been in the 80's. Some days in the 90's. We're inland from the coast a bit, so our valley gets hot. It's rather fun to be running around in summer clothes and flip flops in March...but I hope this doesn't mean we're in for a scorching summer.