Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #31


13 Photos Of Things On JAM's Refrigerator


Idea "borrowed" from Julie, of Julie's Jewels and Junque fame. She lister her items, but I have this hideously expensive camera that compels me to press it's shutter release a lot to justify owning it. Plus, pictures are fun.

Lovely Wife loves her some refrigerator magnets, so we have a decent collection.

1. This is a photo of Pharah, a little girls we help in Haiti through the Love A Child organization.









2. This is a magnet my Big Brother bought for us at the Don Garlit's Drag Racing Museum up near Ocala, Florida. Big Brother was a hot rod junkie, and the museum was one of his favorite places.









3. A magnet from the Disney/MGM Studios Tower Of Terror ride, holding up Lovely Wife's schedule for open swim times at the local Community College's new aquatic center.











4. A magnet from Juliette, Georgia, where Fried Green Tomatoes was filmed.









5. Picture of Sherry and Bobby Burnette, the founders and operators of Love A Child, mentioned in #1 above. The Burnettes are held up by "Bless This House", the Pillsbury Dough Boy, an E.T./Universal Studios magnet, and an Atlanta magnet.









6. Florida Aquarium magnet. I've never been, but Lovely Wife has. I think as a chaperone for one of the girl's field trips.









7. A photo magnet from Coral Castle, one of the coolest and most mysterious places I've ever been. It's in Homestead, Florida, just below Miami. I wrote posts about it, Here, Here, and Here.











8. Another picture of Sherry and Bobby Burnette of Love A Child, with some of "their" kids in Haiti. Held up by Izzy, the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games mascot, and a Panama City Beach magnet.









9. Our poor broken and glued together Dollywood magnet. We have tile floors that require the occasional offerings for it to break on it's hard self. We hated to throw away our Dollywood magnet, because hey, them things is rare! We've had to throw away various cool ceramic or glass magnets over the years that were demanded in sacrifice. Not to mention the occasional jar of mayonnaise, plate, pyrex baking dish, etc.









10. Ohio in a nutshell. While I was in college in the early to mid 90s, Lovely Wife worked for Chase, and spent a couple of weeks in Columbus for training. This was her souvenir. We spare no expense on the necessities of life, do we?











11. I once went on a trucking run with Big Brother that ended in West Yellowstone, Montana. That's when I bought this magnet. We didn't visit the park at that time, but we had toured it on a previous vacation trip with the family.









12. Smokey Mountains (broken, a partial sacrifice), two Georgia magnets, and a Chili's To Go magnet. For some reason, the tile floor god doesn't like rubber magnets. They stay in good shape even if they fall.









13. An SR-71 Blackbird spy plane magnet.











We have more, but y'all are probably bored stupid. Plus, that's thirteen pics. Until next week...


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

12 comments:

Raggedy said...

Outstanding TT. I enjoyed the pictures and the stories that go along with your magnets. You have a great collection there.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

none said...

I've got a collection too, mostly hom made and any piece of magnet the kids can find eventually finds it's way to the fridge.

Those are some nice ones in your collection.

Chelle said...

I miss having magnets on our kitchen fridge. We got the stainless model and that is it's only draw-back.

Carina said...

Love the magnets! Looks like you've been doing a lot of touring over the years.

Our tile floor even breaks Corelle. That's hard to do. Tile is lovely, but I hate it. Hard to clean and hard on soft baby heads. Our new house will have lino. tile. Yeah, I'm a prol, but my dishes won't break!

Qtpies7 said...

I love me some magnets, almost as much as keychains and buttons! I want to get all the states magnets you get at truck stops and put them all together in one big map of the US. Nothing lasts long enough from one trip to another with 7 kids tearing down magnets, though.

Dane Bramage said...

We have the typical kids school-pictures-in-magnets. And of course the Dominoes Pizza Specials magnets. I would kill for a Blackbird magnet.

Christie O. said...

that's a great idea! i actually have a membership to the florida aquarium by the way, and it's really cool!

Di said...

I'm embarrassed to say that I live about an hour from Homestead, FL and I haven't even heard of Coral Castle! I'm going to look into it for a possible outing!

Travis Cody said...

A fridge is just one of those things in a home that gets decorated. It's interesting to see what kind and how much stuff people put on them.

Bubba said...

My favorite quote of the week is now from your blog:

We hated to throw away our Dollywood magnet, because hey, them things is rare!

I have a feeling I'm gonna post that on my blog and link back to yours...lol....Happy TT!

Caylynn said...

Lots of interesting magnets on your fridge! It's wonderful that you help a child through the Love a Child Organization. :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a good day!

Unknown said...

*LOL* at the Dollywood-story. I love this TT - a great idea. I hope you don´t mind if I borrow it someday?

kind regards from Germany,

Sanni - someone else´s lovely wife collecting fridge magnets =)