Saturday, March 03, 2007

If I Were A Rich Man

One of the drawbacks of blogging and typing is that you can't hear me sing If I Were A Rich Man from Fiddler On The Roof. But then again, it's probably better for you if you can't hear my singing.

Anyhoo, I'm putting some pictures of some beach homes in this area that I really like. Now I have to tell you, that the REALLY snazzy homes are pretty much all gated or something else like that to keep riff raff like me out. So these are homes that I can get close enough to for photographing.

I wouldn't mind living in one of these shacks. This is where the rich man part comes in, the cost of living on the beach, and the cost of beach property and car upkeep in the salt air is tremendous. Definitely have to have a healthy bank account to live on the beach in one of these homes.





This final home isn't a beach home, but since I'm showing houses, I thought I'd throw this one in. It's an old home in downtown Melbourne, Florida. There are fewer and fewer of these old Florida style homes around here. The property that the house is sitting on has increased in value so much, that many people buy a home, tear the old house down, and build something akin to the above beach homes on the land. This old house is surrounded by businesses and wouldn't really be a great place to live, but the old house is pretty, and well kept.

6 comments:

none said...

In an area across the highway from my house there are some homes like that sitting on about 15 acre lots.
Surrounded by tame deer and groves of oak trees. Probably too much house for me without a maid and a butler to help out

Travis Cody said...

I love those old "Florida" style homes. The architecture is really distinctive.

Scribbit said...

That second one had me drooling. Anything with the sound of waves nearby is heavenly.

Wingnut said...

Wow, great houses, just as soon as I win that powerball lotto, 300 mil, here I come, OK, well, maybe I wouldn't chosse a hurricane area....

Julie said...

Oh yeah! Beyouuuuutiful "in debt up to your eyeballs" homes!

Thanks for sharing!

JAM said...

Lovely Wife and I love to drive around. Everywhere we have ever lived, we spent many hours just puttering around, looking at homes and nice neighborhoods.

When the gated ones are open for open houses or whatever, we drive through and see how "the other half" lives.

I'll have to make a series of strikes and try to get photos of some of the whoppers we have down here. The only way I can see so many folks affording as many monstrous homes as there are down here, is that they retire from all over the country and bring their money and build a whopping big house.