Thursday, June 22, 2006

Summer Is Here!


A MONTH AGO!

Ok, Ok, yeah. I know. Technically, it began in the United States yesterday June 21, at about 8:30am Eastern Standard Time because...

that's when the earth moves...

...in its yearly orbit about the sun...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I'm an engineer and I can understand and appreciate the uses of, and need of precision in certain things, but

EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT SUMMER BEGINS THE DAY THE SCHOOL YEAR ENDS.

EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT SUMMER ENDS THE DAY THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS.

I heard about summer this, summer that on the radio about 500 times yesterday. And how winter is beginning in the southern hemisphere. And I don't listen to much radio either.

Uh Huh. Whatever.

I know better than that, and I went to Louisiana public schools.

Must have been a slow news day. I guess President Bush didn't try to open a locked door while the cameras were on him, or invent a new word yesterday.


In an unrelated story...

HOORAY! THE NBA SEASON IS OVER!

I hate basketball.


But...

The whole World Cup Soccer thingy is goin' on in Germany or somewhere.

Why are they reporting that over here?

Don't they know Americans hate soccer?!


And. You can't get out of here without me being serious for one minute though. Did you guys read this?

Report: Hundreds of WMDs Found In Iraq

WASHINGTON — The United States has found 500 chemical weapons in Iraq since 2003, and more weapons of mass destruction are likely to be uncovered, two Republican lawmakers said Wednesday.

"We have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, chemical weapons," Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa., said in a quickly called press conference late Wednesday afternoon.

Reading from a declassified portion of a report by the National Ground Intelligence Center, a Defense Department intelligence unit,...


Now let's see if this gets wide press today. I wonder what my left-leaning friends will say today. "Well, it's only 500 weapons, blah, blah.

It only takes ONE to cause mass destruction, people!

No comments: