Sunday, June 18, 2006

Picture Post, Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ok folks. Last week was one weird week for me. My back is still giving me fits. But I found the answer to a problem at work that I can't really discuss, but guys with bigger brains and much more experience than me were working on this. I really struggle at work when my back is acting up, and on bad days it feels like my IQ drops 20 points. So to find the answer to a nagging problem when I'm like this just seems backward. That's why no post yesterday; I slept until 12:30pm and by the time I was mobile enough to sit at the computer and post, I just said phooey on it.

On to this Sunday's photos. I went all over time and space with today's pictures.

A while back I made a post that included a photo of President Reagan visiting my home town of Monroe, Louisiana in 1983. This was a shot of his Secret Service Agents conferring just before his arrival. I love this shot. Not much going on here but these guys were awesome to watch.


This photo is a pre-sunrise photo I took in Gulf Shores, Alabama in summer 1983. I've put a number of sunSET photos on the blog, but here is one from early morning; a rarity for me.


And another photo from the same trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama in 1983. The sand was so perfect and untouched that early in the morning, but needed a bit of something, so I put down a couple of shells I had in my pocket. I don't really know why I like this photo so much, it is contrived. But that's the way it is I guess. You like it or you don't. I do.



This one I took a couple of years ago when the Christian rock band Starflyer 59 played a concert at our church. They were AWESOME. And Jason Martin, the brains behind the group (left side of photo with guitar) was so nice and stayed and talked with everyone for a while. They guy playing drums, Frank Lenz, is one of my most favorite drummers of all time. He was formerly with a band called Fold Zandura that also had Jerome Fontamillas as a member. Jerome is now with Switchfoot.



And here we have the Whistle Stop Cafe in Juliette, Georgia (2002). Made famous in the movie Fried Green tomatoes. We didn't eat, the wait was way too long to hang around.



And from the area around Brooks, Georgia, was Starr's Mill and a spillway. Also 2002. This area was beautiful.

No comments: