Saturday, July 22, 2006

Vacation Bible School, The Big Finale

The church we go to is relatively small. We average about 100-125 people every Sunday.

That being said, they have a reputation in the area for getting Vacation Bible School right. This year was no exception.

They averaged about 85 kids every day, really good for a small church. And the Pastors and the workers spend many, many hours constructing sets and so forth.

This year's theme was "Anchor His Way at Mission Marina". Our church is called The Mission. And the whole week, of course, was on how to make Jesus the anchor of your life.

I have every other Friday off, and that was yesterday. So I got up and went to see the big finale they had planned. They had a water baptism for anyone who wanted to have that done, and then the show started.

It was really cool too, when I walked into the building, the kids were in the sanctuary, which had some pretty elaborate sets built, and were all screaming at something. It sounded SO fun.

A family at our church has a whole passle of boys, and they all get into motocross motorcycling. But not just your average stuff.

The boys have all progressed to where they and some friends have constructed portable ramps and do freestyle jumping. As in almost-Evel-Knievel type jumping. A performance by them was to be the big finale for the kids (and adults) yesterday.

They did an ABSOLUTELY AWESOME performance and I have the pics to prove how good they are. They were jumping with quad-runners too.

Here ya go!






If you care to, you can go see this family's web site at Taylor MX. Click on 'Riders' under the Navigation heading to see each young man's photo and stuff.

Later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
This is the mom (cherri)nice pics.only you forgot one of the Quads Only guys. Fred, He's the one on the white and red bike with the spikes on his helmet. Thanks for taking the pics.

JAM said...

Thanks for stopping by. I took over 500 pictures Friday, but I only have so much room here, so I showed mercy on the regulars. Sorry I left someone out. I was just trying to give an idea of what went on. Keep looking here, when I find a good one, I'll add it to this same blog post, ok? I should have gone ahead and done that, he looked like a Mad Max/Road Warrior character with the pads and such.

I just adjusted these in Photoshop and put them on the blog. The rest, I'm in the process of adjusting and will give the CD of them to y'all as soon as I'm finished. When I get them all done (there will still be over 400 probably, after throwing away the bad shots) I'll just go ahead and give you a couple of CDs of the photos so you can pass them to the other riders.

I have a relatively new camera, and blew the exposures on a bunch of the photos, hence all of my work. That's how you learn to get it right the first time, by having to spend ump-teen hours at the computer correcting mistakes. Better than film though, at least with digital images, I have the chance to correct them.

I appreciate y'all's efforts the other day, just the planning and setup was probably a real job. Did you notice how many people stopped on the side of the road to watch? That was cool too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your work. We really appreciate all the pics. Sorry if I sounded ungrateful. Every time we went out to practice we grew a crowd,I was able to pass out flyers.