Sunday, July 30, 2006

Picture Post, Sunday, July 30, 2006

Since I bought the new camera last month, I have strangely been neglecting most of my scanning of old slides. I spent part of Saturday scanning a few. Mostly from a trip to Mobile, Alabama, and a trip to east Tennessee to Lovely Wife's paternal Grandmother's for Thanksgiving 1983.

These next few were from the Tennessee trip with Lovely Wife's family. Lovely Wife (actually Fiance at that time) and I left the family gathering a few times on excursions so that I could see a little of the area and take some pictures.

This first one was a pre-sunrise view of Rockwood, Tennessee, where Lovely Wife's grandmother lives.

This one was taken near a waterfall, completely out in the middle of nowhere just off a two lane road in the east Tennessee mountains. It was a beautiful area with an amazing waterfall. Coming from Louisiana, and at the time I had only been out of the state a few times, stuff like this was AMAZING for me to see. I just loved it all. Well, down by the pool at the foot of the waterfall, I looked up and saw this tree and it's dramatic crook it had made to allow itself to keep growing despite the rock overhang.

This one I took out of my car window, after just stopping in the road, again, in the middle of nowheresville Tennessee. But it was a lovely, colorful sunset and for a while afterward as well.

This was off the highway (27 I think) just north of Rockwood. I remember thinking that this would be a great house to live in just for the location, and also surprised at how green the grass still was in late November. Too bad the trees had long passed their color peak.

This was taken on that same trip to Tennessee, though you can't tell that since it's just a tree top and sky. One of those that I took for the heck of it and really ended up liking it. It still seems cool to me to see the moon in broad daylight.

This last one was taken at the USS Alabama in Mobile Bay in Mobile, Alabama. It was a WWII era battleship.

Lovely Wife will hate this. For years I used Cokin Filters on my camera to try to create dramatic colors and such. The one that I used the most, and also had almost all dismal failures when using it was this red filter. Lovely Wife hates them all, but this shot into the sun, of the radar and antennas on the Alabama I have always liked. Now that I'm going through my slides, I can see why she hated this filter. Honestly 19 out of 20 shots I took with this red filter stink, but I do like this one.

Well, Blogger is giving me fits and won't let me upload any more photos, even using all my tricks doesn't work, so that'll have to be it.

Have a blessed Sunday, folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of these photos, they are really amazing. You should deffinately post more of these!

JAM said...

Faustina, thank you for the encouragement. I love your new site and your photo work. I hope to learn to be able to get a 'mood' into my photos something like you do with yours. But I'm just beginning to learn the computer end of the digital photo processing though. -- J