Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Super Cool Photos

It's not often I just regurgitate stuff I found on the internet, but this is too cool not to share. Well, at least it is to this geek.

These photographs were taken by French astrophotographer Thierry Legault, from Normandy.

These are pictures of the sun. Our sun.

But those are not sun spots, or dust on the lens.

They are the International Space Station (bigger spot) and the Space Shuttle Atlantis on this most recent Shuttle flight.

The bottom photo shows this a little better.

You can click 'em and make 'em a little better.

Spiffy huh?




If Lovely Wife would let me buy a $7000 telescope, I could do that.

I like to think so anyway.

See? Maybe the French aren't so bad after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe!!, It is your birthday today..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CUTIE!!!!!

JAM said...

Aw shucks, ma'am.

Does this public display of affection mean you want to eat somewhere expensive tonight?