Tuesday, October 31, 2006

NaNoWriMo (again)


I have nothing this morning.

After the brave front I put on yesterday about entering NaNoWriMo after stewing over it for so long, I woke up this morning with an awful case of the butterflies.

A grade-A nervousness.

I'm under the gun at work too, so that just probably poured gasoline onto the fire.

Anyway, I still only have the vaguest of ideas about the book, but the character I want to write about has been with me for years.

For a long time, I wanted to write about him, and have started many times only to stop. He just wasn't ready to let me tell his story.

In the past, when I pictured him, he was doing something. It was as if I was able to magically look in on his life at will, but it was always a kind of a fly-on-the-wall experience.

But lately, and I know this will sound absolutely crazy, when I pictured him in my mind, he was just standing there, looking at me, like he's ready to have a sit down talk and tell me his story.

Only lately, I've been putting him off. It's like I tried and tried, but now that he's ready for me to get the show on the road, I'm the one not ready.

That's also one of the reasons I actually joined NaNoWriMo this year, it looks as if Casey is finally ready to have his story told.

And though I know a lot about him personally, I don't know much more about his story than you do.

Tomorrow is November 1st, and I'll be shot out of the canon.

No comments: