Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Seven More Things About Me
I was tagged by Miss Norma at Collecting My Thoughts, but I'll be The Paaty Poopah and not pass it on. I'll just list my seven things that you may or may not know about me.
1. The thing I hate the most in the morning is brushing my teeth. That first brushing of the day never fails to send me into a gagging, coughing fit. I don't know why, but it does and I've hated that all of my life. When I'm through and cleaned up, I'm all teary eyed and look like I've been on a crying jag.
2. The skin on my face is oily. I wash my face several times a day, both at work and at home.
3. I created NO new year's resolutions this year. With where I am right now mentally and physically, I don't need any more pressure. I'm doing good to get through a productive day, so I don't want to push it. I know what I need to do, and will strive to do those things that are good for me and my family.
4. On the way to work this morning I was behind a Chrysler mini van that had a bumper sticker that said "2008 The End of an Error", one that said "Choice", one that said "Don't Blame Me, I Voted for Kerry" and one of those little silver Jesus Fish looking things that has legs on it and says "Darwin" instead of Jesus.
Yeah. It's just as well I don't know this person, we wouldn't get along very well anyway.
5. On Christmas Eve I gloated about not having to put anything together. Then on Christmas Day Lovely Wife opened her lamps and guess what? Yep. Some assembly required. Oh well, they look great anyway.
6. I think that Oreo's Double Stuffs with the chocolate filling are more addictive than crack. AND they're legal.
7. I wonder about the sanity of someone who will stand in a long line to wait for a pretzel. There are very few lines I will stand in for any length of time, and I sure as heck won't wait for a dang pretzel. I'm not knocking pretzels, but still, every time I see one of those hot pretzel stores in a mall and there's a big, long line there, I can't help but think "there ain't a pretzel in the whole world good enough for me to wait in a 30 minute line for it."
About the picture: I took this on the Sunday before Christmas at a local Atlantic beach. There has been red tide here for some time now, and it had me coughing and made my tongue burn as if I had eaten a spoon full of red pepper. It was really weird, but the beach and sky were pretty that evening. The moon was full. You can see a few more pics from that day on my John's Daily Digital Images Blog.