Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Disenfranchised!



As a voter in the great state of confusion Floridia, I went to do my duty before going to work.

I'm talking about voting in the Florida primary you gutter minds, you.

And I was disenfranchised!

Me!

A very large, southern, white, Christian, male was disenfranchised!

They asked me for a picture ID before I was allowed to vote.

Where were the ACLU lawyers that are supposed to be lurking at each and every polling place in America on every voting day?

What if I happened to have been so poor that I couldn't have paid the ten bucks or whatever to have at least a picture ID made at the drivers license place?

Seriously. Isn't that what all the ruckus is about when people try to stop voter fraud by requiring the showing of a picture ID of some sort? That this somehow disenfranchises the poor, and minorities?

Well, if they can afford a carton of cigarrettes or a jug of wine, they could go to their local DMV and at least have a picture ID made, right?

Right.

But now I know how it feels to be all disenfranchised against, or, well, however you'd say that.

And I'm still buzzing from the rush of righteous indignation of being asked such a demeaning thing as to prove that I was who I said I was by showing a picture ID.

Because if there's one thing that's worse than actually seeing my face in person, it's seeing a picture of said mug. I don't photograph well.

Since I'm still fired up, I think I'll go find a protest march or something to march in.

Anybody seen Cindy Sheehan lately?

2 comments:

Carina said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your frightening ordeal. How dare they presume to ask for something so insulting as ID!


=)

none said...

The code for bypassing the ID requirement is.

"Soy un democrat"