Tuesday, January 29, 2008


As a voter in the great state of confusion Floridia, I went to do my duty before going to work.

I'm talking about voting in the Florida primary you gutter minds, you.

And I was disenfranchised!


A very large, southern, white, Christian, male was disenfranchised!

They asked me for a picture ID before I was allowed to vote.

Where were the ACLU lawyers that are supposed to be lurking at each and every polling place in America on every voting day?

What if I happened to have been so poor that I couldn't have paid the ten bucks or whatever to have at least a picture ID made at the drivers license place?

Seriously. Isn't that what all the ruckus is about when people try to stop voter fraud by requiring the showing of a picture ID of some sort? That this somehow disenfranchises the poor, and minorities?

Well, if they can afford a carton of cigarrettes or a jug of wine, they could go to their local DMV and at least have a picture ID made, right?


But now I know how it feels to be all disenfranchised against, or, well, however you'd say that.

And I'm still buzzing from the rush of righteous indignation of being asked such a demeaning thing as to prove that I was who I said I was by showing a picture ID.

Because if there's one thing that's worse than actually seeing my face in person, it's seeing a picture of said mug. I don't photograph well.

Since I'm still fired up, I think I'll go find a protest march or something to march in.

Anybody seen Cindy Sheehan lately?


Babystepper said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your frightening ordeal. How dare they presume to ask for something so insulting as ID!


Hammer said...

The code for bypassing the ID requirement is.

"Soy un democrat"