Thursday, January 24, 2008

Martians Are Real, and They Are Green!



This is an actual image taken by the NASA Mars rover "Spirit."

Is that cool or what?

Next time I see Elvis at Burger King (we both recommend the Triple Whopper with cheese, hold the onions) I'm going to SO talk with him about this.

Photos and story at the Daily Mail

Here's a pic of the proud (and rightly so) photographer who once and for all proved that there is life on Mars, mugging for the cameras.


I'm not sure who took the picture of Spirit there, I can only assume that he got the green lady to take his photo when she got to the bottom of the hill, and came over to where he was.


All kidding aside, that is an amazing photo.

4 comments:

Olga said...

That photo goes nicely with the one of the 'mounument head' on Mars they had out a couple of years ago.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I think it's Dr. Zaius from Planet of the Apes

Anonymous said...

Tell Elvis I said hi. lol.



Daughter Two

The Rock Chick said...

Elvis? Last time I saw him he was on the slot machines at the Rio in Las Vegas. That was a while ago, though :)

Those are awesome pics! I love space pics and all of those documentaries they have on The Science Channel. It just amazes me what really could be out there. Who knows?

Jessica