Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Big Headed Quaker Oats Guy and Burger King Guy



Is it just me, or do you guys think these two are pretty creepy?

I like the Burger King commercials because they're funny, like the one the guy rolls out of bed one morning, opens the window shade and there's Huge Head Burger King Guy standing there looking creepy with a sack in hand. But the oversized head and the Hannibal Lecter 'I'm gonna have you for lunch' smile is really freaky lookin'.

The Quaker Oats guy is pretty freaky too because his expression is the one people make when they try to keep their mouths closed and burp quietly. But the Quaker Oats commercials are pretty tame and rather boring.

And hey, I have a pretty big noggin my own self, but these guys...

Maybe they're big-headed brothers who have both found a way to make a living doing characters, like Michael Jackson and Elvis impersonators. (No disrespect to Elvis impersonators meant)

I'm not complainin', I'm just sayin'...
_______________________________________

Also, Happy Birthday Lydia

_______________________________________

Cheeta
When I was a kid, I loved the old black and white, Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan movies. And I loved Cheeta, his chimpanzee friend.

The original trainer for Cheeta had 4 chimps. And one of them ended up doing 10 or 12 Tarzan movies.

This Cheeta is still alive and just turned 74 years old!

And is in the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest known primate. Still relatively healthy although it has to have insulin shots daily for diabetes.

Still has all of his teeth!

Cool.

No comments: