Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #43


13 More Questions and Answers About Me


Still stealing meme questions from other people's blogs to keep up with Thursday Thirteen.

1. Have you ever blown bubbles in your milk? Yes. When I was a kid, I'd sometimes take Nestle's Quick with me to school and add it to my milk. Blowing bubbles in it helped stir in the Quick.

2. Would you rather eat a Big Mac or a Whopper? Whopper. There's just something about beef cooked over fire to appeal to a man, ya know?

3. Have you ever gone skinny-dipping? Yes. I was indeed once a teenager.

4. When you are at the grocery store, do you ask for paper or plastic? Plastic. None of the stores have a choice for us any more. Plus, the plastic ones get reused for all kinds of things.

5. True or False: You would rather eat steak than pizza. False. I've never been a person to crave steak. But pizza is one of the basic food groups.

6. Did you have a baby blanket? Not one to keep with me for comforting, like a woobie or something. I did use a pacifier way beyond the normal span though.

7. Have you ever tried to cut your own hair? No. I'd rather pay the barber and breathe in the testosterone laden air of a good barber shop than to save a measly few bucks and do a hatchet job on my own hair.

8. Have you ever sleepwalked? I was told that I did sleep walk when I was a boy, but I have no rememberance of this.

9. Have you ever had a birthday party at McDonalds? No. I guess I'm a little older than that tradition.

10. Can you flip your eye-lids up? Nope, but I always wanted to be able to. I have a strange inability to willingly touch my eyeballs or anything like flipping up the lids. (That's why I've never even considered wearing contact lenses.

11. Are you double jointed? Only in my left thumb. I can make the thumb bend back on it's own without using the other hand and it will look as if it is broken or badly out of joint. Of course I did this a lot as a kid to freak people out, but as an adult, this has made learning the guitar quite difficult. That thumb tires and wants to bend backward and messes me up in fretting chords on the neck of the guitar.

12. If you could be any age, what age would you be? This is a very vague question, so I'll just answer this way: I would love to go back to around age 7, knowing what I know now, and live my life over.

13. Have you ever gotten gum stuck in your hair? Yes and No. Not in my head hair; I can't blow bubbles that big. I have however gotten it stuck in my mustache

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


13 comments:

Penny said...

I like these questions! I am a little older than the McDonald's birthday party tradition as well. However, I was a party give at McDonald's for many years. The really young ones (2-3) seem to have the best time.

I used to flip my eyelids to gross out my brother. This is the kid that nothing bothered, but his big sister flipping her eyelids made him run into the next room...lol!

Happy TTing!

Cindy Swanson said...

Great list! For what it's worth, here's my answers:

1) Bubbles in my milk? Probably, a long time ago.

2) Oh, a Whopper, totally. Love the chargrilled flavor. And I always have it with mustard instead of mayo.

3) Skinny-dipping? Yes, as a teen-ager, with girls only. It's actually one of the most marvelous feelings ever.

4) Plastic...and I do recycle 'em.

5) True, I'd rather have steak...but only because I rarely get to have a good steak, and I have pizza often.

6) Can't remember ever having a baby blanket.

7) I've cut my bangs, many times, and often with terrible results.

8) Don't remember...

9) Didn't have a party at McDonald's, but I've given one or two of them.

10) Flip eyelids? No.

11) Double-jointed? No...not even very flexible! :)

12) Age I'd be again? Maybe 30. I think you hit your stride as a woman around that time, and you still have some youth and beauty, but you're not stupid.

13) Nope.

Lori said...

I think 11 is a guy thing....great list. Thanks for sharing!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Fun list! But Big Mac's win with me :p

Anonymous said...

I always reading lists to get to know you better. Love your answers, but I'm a Big Mac Steak lover. Don't get me wrong, I love Whoppers,and I love Pizza, there is just something about that Secret sauce.! :)
Great list!
Happy TT!

Tink said...

Great questions and interesting answers!
My TT is about Midsummer.

The Gatekeeper said...

Okay, I'm in trouble when I keep having dreams about going skinny dipping. OY! Oh, and I'm gonna have to stick with In 'N Out. You stole really good questions.

L^2 said...

Haha... these are some great questions! I've been to a birthday party or two and McDonalds, but I was never lucky enough to have one there.

Thanks for visiting my TT.

Carina said...

Blowing bubble is also a great way to mix up fountain drinks at fast food places. You know, the ones where they forget to mix the syrup and the carbonated water together.

Lady Jane said...

Great answers! You are right: there is something about beef cooked over a fire! :)

Scribbit said...

Okay that last one got me. Not realizing you had facial hair I'm picturing someone with a big wad of gum stuck in his arm pit. Not a pretty image let me tell you.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

I'd like to be 25 again.. and forever. :)

Julie said...

Great meme...again! It's so fun learning about people isn't it?

Whopper for me anyday!

Now about that sleepwalking thing..you always made it back to bed without waking up?