OK. So my spotty blog reading for the past couple of months has finally caught up with me.
I was reading at Emily's blog at Emily@sk, and found out second hand, that I had been tagged for a meme a while back (May 17!) by Sarah K. at IMAO.
I'm so ashamed.
Anyone who reads here much knows that I don't forward tags by name, I just tell anyone who wants to do the meme to just do it on their own.
It's a meme that takes reader participation.
Pick out ten favorite movies, then look them up at IMDb. In the overview at the top of each movie’s page, there are “Plot Keywords,” usually five of them. (Plus more, if you click the link.) Take the first five, and post them. Then the rest of us get to play movie buff and see if we can guess them.
This is not an easy game, the plot keywords for super popular movies can be really cryptic. Some of my favorite movies are old and/or obscure, so I'll try to pick ones that folks can guess the names of.
Because, seriously, Sarah K. posted 50 movie's plot keywords and I could only guess at maybe two out of 50, and I don't know if those two possibilities are right.
Numbers are my thing; this is not the kind of game I'm good at. This one is hard like watching Jeopardy! and they throw in a category of Elizabethan Poetry or Great Composers; I majored in electrical engineering so I wouldn't have to learn useless crap like that, THANK you very much. (Please forgive me if you majored in Elizabethan poetry or love classical music.)
1. Outer Space / Ancient Astronaut / Rebellion / Reluctant Hero / Invented Language
2. Virtuality / Interstellar Communication / No Opening Credits / Seti / Ham Radio
3. Ethics / Biographical / Famous Score / Historical / Olympics
4. Car Accident / Thrown Through Windshield / Mummy / Amazon / Death
5. Bayou / Lawn Mower / Coach / College / Ridicule
6. Alien Abduction / Conspiracy / Desert / Air Traffic Controller / Evacuation
7. Insult / Hopelessness / Sword / Loss Of Loved One / Famous Line
8. Beautiful Woman / Great Depression / Stroke / Old Dark House / Dysfunctional Family
9. Whimsical / Young Girl / Fantasy / Little Boy / Kidnap
10. Louisiana / Jail / Stephen King / Shooting / Film Projector
Now after looking at these, I wouldn't recognize any of them except for one, and I chose them myself!
Maybe this meme should go for the first seven or ten plot keywords to give folks a chance.
If you're looking for a blog post subject, consider yourself tagged and look up ten of your favorite movies on IMDb.
If you're good at things like this, leave your guesses in the comments.