1. Tropical Storm Andrea, the first TS of the year, is about 150 miles northeast of us. Thrills. Doesn’t that stupid storm know that hurricane season doesn't begin until June 1? I hate people who show up for parties too early.
2. I love styrofoam cups. A large diet coke from Whataburger will last me all afternoon, and still have ice in it when I head home from work. I don't care if it's politically incorrect. In fact, I like it more because of that.
3. We had a front come through our section of Florida Sun/Mon and it was sunny and breezy with highs in the 70s for a couple of days. Like heaven, I tell ya.
4. Now though, outside here in central Florida, it looks and smells as if there are forest fires nearby. It's really smoky and smelly. The forest fires are actually a couple of hundred miles north of us on the Georgia/Florida border.
5. Watching the show "Pet Star" on Animal Planet will give you a big laugh and have you smiling, even if you're depressed. That poodle doing back flips was awesome.
6. You should see our cat come through our pet door in our screened enclosure around our back patio/pool area. She bats it with her paw like a boxer on one of those little upside down balloon looking things (speed bag?) and when she has the rhythm right, scoots through. It's funny.
7. At work, in the evenings when everyone else has gone, sometimes the timer shuts off the lights in the room where my cubicle is. I stick my hand up and give a Queen Elizabeth wave and the motion sensor turns them back on.
8. Lovely Wife sure loves her some lighthouses. Her latest acquisition is one that goes by the pool, has a solar charged battery, and then lights up automatically when it gets dark. Really cool.
9. My "new" Soviet made Zorki-4 rangefinder camera is really nifty. It cost a bank acount crushing $39.99 on Ebay from Ukraine. It is solidly made and seems to work great, especially for a forty year old camera (1967). I have a roll of film in it now, and will post some photos taken with it when they are developed and I scan them. Really old-school.
10. Who thinks up paint color names? It's not "mother earth soil" it's BROWN. It's not "tropical azure", it's BLUE.
11. I'd like to give the man/woman that invented Lortab a big ol' hug.
12. The new French President-Elect, Sarkozy, is supposedly a conservative. Wonders never cease. A conservative president of France? Wow!
13. I think that Paris Hilton gives useless, spoiled, drunk-driving, trust fund babies a bad name.