I was tagged for two different memes on the same day late last week, one by Babystepper on this blog, and another by CG on my photography blog.
Being the world-class meme killer and chain letter killer that I am, I decided to try to answer these. But I'm not going to tag anybody else.
If you think this is a meme you can do easily, consider yourself tagged and use the idea for a post one day. I know. I suck at this, but hey, it's not like you're gonna track me down and beat me up, right?.... RIGHT?!
Here’s how it works: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to tag 7 others and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
1. I like soggy cookies. Did you forget and leave the Oreos open and they got all soft and mushy? Send 'em to me. That's how I like them best.
2. Related to #1. If the Oreos are brand new and crunchy as potato chips, I'll hold them under a slow running water tap for about five seconds on each side and then eat them. It's quick way to sog 'em up the way I like them. My wife is still horrified when seeing me do this, even after 22 years of marriage. The water softens them up and yet I still have that full Oreo flavor, unadulterated by the taste of milk or something like that that normal people use.
3. Related to #1 and #2 above. I've never, ever told anyone outside my immediate family that I do this with Oreos. I KNOW it's weird, and I don't want to freak people out. I feel free now that it's out there.
4. I'm reading my first Oprah Book Club book. I LOVE post-apocalyptic books. End of the world and just a handful of survivors? I love them. My favorites are Long Voyage Back by Luke Rhinehart, and Swan Song by Robert McCammon (which I liked better than The Stand). The other night I wanted to buy and picked up a copy of Cormack McCarthy's latest, The Road and it had a big ol' Oprah Book Club sticker on it. It's a post-apocalyptic book. So, for the first time in my life, I'm reading an Oprah Book Club selection. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.
5. I didn't go to kindergarten. My parents put me into the first grade when I was five. I never had any problems in school though.
6. I'm not into sports cars. Most men love them, but I can see a fine exotic sports car and almost tear my TMJ joint yawning so big. I value cars for their practicality. My dream "car" right now is a fully decked out Honda Odyssey or a Honda Pilot. Boring, huh? I want a car based on how to get out of the way of a hurricane, and in good times to carry our brood and to carry my guitars/amps or cameras in the air conditioned part of the vehicle. The ONLY exception to the sports car thing is that I would love to have a Shelby Cobra, even a kit car version. The blue on with white stripes.
7. My hearing is getting really bad. It seems that I hear fine, music in the car for instance, but I constantly ask people to repeat themselves or to speak louder.
Again, this was an easy enough meme that even I could do it, so if you want to do this one, have at it.