A few weeks ago, I bought a Nikon 18-200mm VR lens for my digital camera. I LOVE it.
Then Tuesday afternoon I looked on Cute Overload and saw that some pictures I had made of a baby sandhill crane had made the cut, and had been posted on their site. Wuhoo!
There's a verse in the Bible that I'll paraphrase here, If any man thinks he's standing, he better beware, he just might be about to fall. Instead of being able to bask in the glory of my successful entry into Cute Overload, my back was so messed up yesterday that I had to stay home from work. That's life, eh?
So I'm taking the easy way out on this week's Thursday Thirteen and am posting 13 recent photos taken with my new lens (did I mention that I LOVE it?), including a few more of the baby sandhill crane and family.
Give them a click to enlarge.
1. Sandhill crane in Melbourne, Florida.
2. Baby was with two adults, one of which honked at me in crane, saying, "Not one step closer buddy." (I speak fluent crane.)
3. Tsk, tsk, they didn't look both ways before crossing the road.
4. Baby runs from one parent to the other.
5. Dad, I think. His red was brighter than the other adult's.
6. A surfer at Sebastian Inlet State Park, Florida.
7. A plastic flower in our fountain.
8. Jetty at Sebastian Inlet State Park.
9. A boat heading west toward the Indian River Lagoon through Sebastian Inlet.
10. Under the bridge over Sebastian Inlet.
11. Some green stuff, kelp, seaweed, or whatever growing in the water of Sebastian Inlet.
12. Two brown pelicans silhouetted against the sunlight reflecting on the water in Sebastian Inlet.
13. Little birds looking for food in Sebastian Inlet.
NOW DO YOU SEE WHY I SAY, "I LOVE THIS LENS?"