Sunday, April 08, 2007

Picture Post, Sunday April 8, 2007

We once were full of hope to know
He’s opened up our eyes
But if He walks across the sea
What does any of it mean
If He has died

But the stone was rolled away
And the angel came to say
He is alive, He is alive
But the stone was rolled away
And we just have to say
He is alive

Some lyrics from the song Friday To Sunday by Poor Old Lu, about Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. One of my all-time favorite songs.

Some of Lovely Wife's newly planted flowers for '07, out back by the pool.

A beautiful day at a Melbourne, Florida marina on Crane Creek.

Orange blossoms on our navel orange tree this year. Not very spectacular, but if I could figure out how to make my blog scratch-n-sniff, y'all would be sittin' pretty, believe you me, Bub. If you know what honeysuckle smells like, orange blossom smell is similar and very strong.

At a local park in Palm Bay on the Indian River Lagoon. Cool palm trees.

Hibiscus.

Sunlight glinting off the water of the Indian River Lagoon.

Matthew 28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

I wanted to post some special photos for Easter, but all I could come up with was pretty stuff. Sunshine and flowers.

I dont get all mushy very much, but when I think of the resurrection of Jesus, inside me is light. I don't know how else to say it.

Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift!

Happy Resurrection Sunday!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Happy Easter to you!! Gorgeous photos, of course, makes me want to pack my bags.

:)

photowannabe said...

Happy Reserection Sunday to you too.
The hope that He is not here He has risen is Easter.

~**Dawn**~ said...

if your blog were scratch-n-sniff, i would just never leave. i would also have my face pressed against my monitor, breathing in that heaven.

happy Easter!

Julie said...

Ahh yes delightful pictures JAM. I have missed visiting here.

I have been nurturing a hibiscus tree for nearly ten years. Last week my new puppy was left unattended and poor hibiscus tree was treated as a chew toy.

I sure hope it lives!

**heading back to read some more**