1. Lovely Wife's mother passed away this past Sunday. If you pray, please pray for her and her sister.
2. I love funny people. A good laugh is a blessing.
3. There are some really good people in this world. The calls and visits and food brought by friends and fellow church members after Lovely Wife's mother passed away Sunday has been overwhelming. It's quite humbling to see good people in action.
4. The orange blossoms are kicking into high gear on our orange trees. It's like honeysuckle on steroids. Walking out into our back yard is an instant mood changer, the smell envelopes you. This time of year Lovely Wife and I start taking windows-down car rides through areas with orange groves. It's the most beautiful smell in the world, not to mention a great drive with someone you love.
5. Our duly elected Repuplicans in Congress and Senate are spineless wimps, and our duly elected Democrats are complete idiots, trying to pass legislation that tells our enemies our war plans. Not a good combination. It's just a matter of time before their spinelessness and idiocy results in another major terrorist attack in America. We probably won't learn from that one either. Bummer.
6. Karl Marx said, "It (religion) is the opium of the people." Of course, I disagree, but if he had said big time sports was the opium of the people, I might tend to agree these days.
7. I was briefly the proud owner of a pink RAZR phone the other day. But then Number One Daughter snatched it and put her sim card in it. (It was bought through the cell phone account in my name, so technically it was mine for a couple of hours until she got home and claimed it.) What do men have against pink? I like pink. I don't own anything pink, but I like pink.
8. Oops, I lied in number 7 above. My hand-me-down ipod shuffle is in a pink protective cover. My bad.
9. I ordered a new camera lens last week, probably wouldn't have if I could have forseen my Mother In Law's passing, but I got the lens yesterday. It's a Nikon 18-200mm Vibration Reduction lens. It has amazing capabilities.
10. I found out this week that funeral home people refer to cremated remains as "cremains."
11. The funeral home's catalog of urns for ashes include a "scattering line" of urns with easy opening lids to aid loved ones in their ash-scattering needs.
12. We had a new pool filtering device installed for our pool this week. The pool was scummy green, but is already looking good due to Lovely Wife's and the new filter's efforts. It should be swimmable this weekend. I'm looking forward to that.
13. In case y'all didn't notice, I started a photography blog.