1. Love. That feeling you get, when you wake up and think "aw man, it's probably just a couple of minutes until my alarm sounds," but when you look at the clock, it's only like 11:45pm and you realize you still have over FIVE HOURS of sleep time left. I love that.
2. Hate. Waking within thirty minutes before the the alarm will sound.
3. Love. The way I felt, walking out of school at the end of the last day of the school year; the beginning of summer break.
4. Hate. Animal documentaries. The ones where they've filmed hours of tigers, killer whales, spoon-billed dweezleplops, or whatever, and edited all the footage and overlayed it with an instructive narrator's voice. The ones parents seem to want their kids to watch so they can learn about nature. No thanks. I learned all I need to know about nature on the "mean streets" of the grade school playground.
5. Hate. When people at work leave the restroom without washing their hands. I especially hate when people run the water for about 1/3 of a second (literally), and then dry their hands. Yeah, like you really soaped them babies up and washed 'em. And don't offer to shake my hand for any reason later, OK?
6. Love. Pizza.
7. Love. Cool, low humidity days. Florida is humid, but not even in the same ball park as Louisiana. We're having some 70-something degree days with cool nights right now and it's wonderful.
8. Love. A fast internet connection.
9. Love. The Best Worst Case Scenario CD by the group Fair. My all time favorite CDs are invariably ones that, on first listen, I liked, but wasn't blown away. Then as I kept listening to them, the melodies and words just kinda get into my heart. The melodies and gentle guitar and lyrics on this CD blow me away even more, every time I listen. I know musical taste is such a personal thing, that's why I totally disregard the words of music critics, but this CD has grown to be one of the ones I find myself humming the songs of and trying to figure out the guitar parts on. It's starting to get to me like the Seeds Of Love CD by Tears For Fears, one of my deserted island CD picks.
10. Hate. Rude actions of fellow drivers. Big Duh-Huh, right? Who doesn't hate road rudeness? But then, I could actually list 13 rude driver traits that I hate. Let's just say that today's focus of hatred is not using turn signals. (There. I got my point across without ranting. ***Deep breath***)
11. Hate. Feeling overwhelmed. Work, back pain, needed home repairs, etc. (I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.)
12. Love. Our critters. They really help with #11 above.
13. Hate. Trying to come up with Thursday Thirteen lists. I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel these past few weeks. Hmmm. I wonder… Would anyone notice if I started re-running my Thursday Thirteens from the beginning?... Woops! Did I type that out loud?!
Bonus! #14: Love. Completing another Thursday Thirteen. (Trips over finish line and falls on face.)
UPDATE! Leanne is closing down Thursday Thirteen, so this is the last week for them. Strange, I've been complaining of running out of ideas for this, and go out to the main site and find out it's ending. Oh well. It's been a good run, though I have to say, Thursday Thirteens took me longer to write and configure than any other posts I did during the week.