Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #28


Thirteen Of JAM's Loves and Hates


1. Love. That feeling you get, when you wake up and think "aw man, it's probably just a couple of minutes until my alarm sounds," but when you look at the clock, it's only like 11:45pm and you realize you still have over FIVE HOURS of sleep time left. I love that.

2. Hate. Waking within thirty minutes before the the alarm will sound.

3. Love. The way I felt, walking out of school at the end of the last day of the school year; the beginning of summer break.

4. Hate. Animal documentaries. The ones where they've filmed hours of tigers, killer whales, spoon-billed dweezleplops, or whatever, and edited all the footage and overlayed it with an instructive narrator's voice. The ones parents seem to want their kids to watch so they can learn about nature. No thanks. I learned all I need to know about nature on the "mean streets" of the grade school playground.

5. Hate. When people at work leave the restroom without washing their hands. I especially hate when people run the water for about 1/3 of a second (literally), and then dry their hands. Yeah, like you really soaped them babies up and washed 'em. And don't offer to shake my hand for any reason later, OK?

6. Love. Pizza.

7. Love. Cool, low humidity days. Florida is humid, but not even in the same ball park as Louisiana. We're having some 70-something degree days with cool nights right now and it's wonderful.

8. Love. A fast internet connection.

9. Love. The Best Worst Case Scenario CD by the group Fair. My all time favorite CDs are invariably ones that, on first listen, I liked, but wasn't blown away. Then as I kept listening to them, the melodies and words just kinda get into my heart. The melodies and gentle guitar and lyrics on this CD blow me away even more, every time I listen. I know musical taste is such a personal thing, that's why I totally disregard the words of music critics, but this CD has grown to be one of the ones I find myself humming the songs of and trying to figure out the guitar parts on. It's starting to get to me like the Seeds Of Love CD by Tears For Fears, one of my deserted island CD picks.

10. Hate. Rude actions of fellow drivers. Big Duh-Huh, right? Who doesn't hate road rudeness? But then, I could actually list 13 rude driver traits that I hate. Let's just say that today's focus of hatred is not using turn signals. (There. I got my point across without ranting. ***Deep breath***)

11. Hate. Feeling overwhelmed. Work, back pain, needed home repairs, etc. (I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.)

12. Love. Our critters. They really help with #11 above.




















13. Hate. Trying to come up with Thursday Thirteen lists. I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel these past few weeks. Hmmm. I wonder… Would anyone notice if I started re-running my Thursday Thirteens from the beginning?... Woops! Did I type that out loud?!

Bonus! #14: Love. Completing another Thursday Thirteen. (Trips over finish line and falls on face.)

UPDATE! Leanne is closing down Thursday Thirteen, so this is the last week for them. Strange, I've been complaining of running out of ideas for this, and go out to the main site and find out it's ending. Oh well. It's been a good run, though I have to say, Thursday Thirteens took me longer to write and configure than any other posts I did during the week.

Goodbye All!



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

13 comments:

Di said...

I LOVE waking a half hour before the alarm rings because then I figure there's no point in going back to sleep and I get up and get a half hour of unexpected quiet time before the day of getting ready, getting kids to school, etc. starts.

And as for traffic issues...don't EVER come to Boca. You will go crazy!!! Here they honk their horn at you if you don't accelerate just BEFORE the light turns green. It's a bad combo of Florida and New York drivers. (No offense intended...I grew up in upstate NY and have lived off and on in Florida for 17 years, so I'm allowed to say what I want about both groups!)

none said...

I agree with all those. I try to maximize the good ones whenever I can.

Raggedy said...

Thursday Thirteen has come to an end.
I have enjoyed my visits here and consider us friends.
Thank you for sharing your thirteens with me.
The comments you left me filled me with glee.
It is hard to believe it is really true.
I am trying very hard to not be blue.
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Carina said...

Love the list. You're on my bloglines, so I'll continue to drop by, even though TT is abandoning us.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

I woke up 30min before my alarm went off this morning. :P

Vicky said...

I Hate that on the weekends my body doesn't want to sleep in, but during the weekdays doesn't want to get up! WHY?

Happy TT!

Unknown said...

I am so with you on #11. Isn't amazing how we get through our day!!
A neighbor I had one time had an Apricot Poodle, that I thought was just the most adorable thing. What beautiful fur babies you have!
I'm adding you to my bloglines, so I can keep up with you after T13.
I really enjoyed your list.
Happy Thursday!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Hey, JAM. This is the first time I've been here, I think. Congrats on the NaNo win! (I won in 2003)

Thanks for visiting West of Mars, too. As for how I have managed to get a million lists (not all are done, though!), I'm a writer. What can I say? I made my fellow MFA students jealous with my productivity.

Hope the end of TT doesn't mean the end of our getting to know each other. Why let something like the end of a meme interfere with what might be a beautiful friendship?

thethinker said...

I agree with numbers 1, 3, and 6. Especially number three.

I'm counting down the months until the end of the school year.

The Muffin said...

Number 1 is so me. Especially with the 4 hour round trips I've been making on Thursdays and then getting up at the buttcrack of dawn on school days. I love the illusion of getting more sleep.

Norma said...

Next time, move the unwashed hands a little further way from the pizza, OK?

Thanks for your nice comments at the horse story.

Julie said...

Great list JAM!

I will really miss the Thursday Thirteen lists...they were so insightful... only reading about other bloggers but digging deep into the lists that I created.

Travis Cody said...

Just to be ornery, cause I'm sometimes that guy - I may continue on and call it 13 Things on Thursday.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha