Saturday, December 16, 2006

Hanukkah Rocks / 300th Post


Many mornings, as I'm getting ready for, and driving to work, I listen to Doug Stephan's "Good Day" program on one of our local AM radio stations.

It's for those mornings where I'm not in the mood to hear music, but I don't want to hear about politics and heavy stuff either.

The Doug Stephan Program is kinda like a radio version of Good Morning America without the pretentious hosts. Doug Stephan is a farmer and is really down to earth, and although I disagree with him on many points when he does happen to bring up politics, the show is really good.

Yesterday (Friday) morning, they had a gentleman on the show in honor of it being the first day of Hanukkah.

Their Jewish guest, Dave Schneider, and his friend Adam Gardener have put out a CD called "Hanukkah Rocks" and call themselves The LeeVees. They played a couple of songs from the CD and they were great.

Now, I'm not Jewish, but hey, Christianity shares much scripture with Judaism, and about the only song I've ever heard about Hanukkah was the Adam Sandler one.

They played a song from the CD called "How Do You Spell Channukkahh?" It was nothing short of awesome. Really funny.

Anyway, I know this isn't much of a post, but I thought if there were any Jewish folk out there wishing for more Hanukkah music, then these guys have your tunes. Or, if you're like me and just interested in stuff, you could check them out too.

Mr. Schneider said that his buddy Adam Gardener is in the band Guster, whom I've heard of, but haven't heard.

Mr. Schneider was so funny in his interview, he was talking about how the band he has been in for fifteen years finally got a recording contract with a company in Canada, but when he wrote these songs about being Jewish, The LeeVees got a contract in L.A. in a matter of days.

Well, go check it out and listen to the clips on Amazon. The songs are funny and informative.


300th Post

The only reason I'm mentioning that this is my 300th post, is that I actually saw that my 300th post was coming up and wrote myself a note.

I was oblivious as the 100th, 200th, and 250th posts blew by and didn't say anything, because they had already passed.

There are lots of bloggers who rack up four or five posts per day and reach 300 pretty quickly, but it has taken me a little over nine months.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats on your 300th post! Hey, not to worry.. it's about quality not quantity, right? I have been blogging about as long as you and only have 118 posts, so you are doing pretty good! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :D

none said...

Happy 300.

I'm getting close to that milestone myself.

Barb said...

Happy 300!!! Here's to many, many more :)

Emily said...

Congrats on 300!! Dude, I don't even think I've got half that, lol.

I just discovered the Adam Sandler Chanukah song this year...laughed my head off!

We're kinda celebrating both things here his year...Chanukah with my mom, and then we go to my grandma's house with my dad for Christmas. I've already opened one of my "bigger" presents...guess what it was? U2 by U2! Yay for free! I have this love/hate thing going on with that band, if you haven't noticed. =P But it's totally a good book, actually. Fairly entertaining.

Anyways, I will let my Jewish friends know about the LeeVees!

"Drink some gin and tonicca, if you really, really wannika, have a happy, happy, happy, happy Chanukah!"