Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hooya Gonna Vote Fer?


I decided that I'm not going to let politics upset me any more. I was born while Kennedy was POTUS. Then there was Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Daddy Bush, Clinton, and now Son Bush.

And I'm still here, despite their party affiliations and promises. Almost every single thing in my life with any value at all, was something I earned myself or was given to me by someone who loves me.

That's pretty much it. Looking back on it all, who the President was or is, hasn't affected my personal life a lot.


I do still think that being politically aware is important and also that all legal citizens of America should vote. I'm going to stay on top of things, pray, decide, and vote. Every opportunity I have to do so. It's a privilege.

Having said all of that I'm not going to rant any more about things political. I DO, however, reserve the right to speak as clearly and as calmly as I possibly can about political issues.

So, now, I ask again. Hooya Gonna Vote Fer?

We have elections coming up this fall. President Bush's approval rating is still pretty low as I write this. The Main Stream Media, henceforth referred to as MSM, seem to indicate that this spells doom for the Republicans in these upcoming elections.

But you know what I'm thinkin'?

I'm thinkin' that those polls are of just plain folks. And most plain folks don't vote. Even if they polled registered voters who plan to vote, Bush's numbers would probably be less than he and his cohorts would like to see,

but, in the end, most Republican voters, like me, will get out and vote for Republicans on voting day. And I personally believe that there will be a bigger turnout of Republicans than the MSM can imagine.

Know Why? Because most God-fearing, hard-working conservatives, don't spend their time whining and moaning to the MSM. They are too busy working, raising kids, and keeping their homes in order. And like I said, in the end, these quiet millions get out there and vote.


We saw it so plainly in the last Presidential election in 2004.

I had just had my lower spine fused in mid-October of 2004 and was pretty much living in my lifter type recliner. I could do almost nothing for myself and watched a lot of TV. Of course the Presidential election was less than a month away, so I spent fifteen to twenty hours per day watching election stuff. I couldn't sleep much because of pain, and all that was on TV was politics.

Without exception, the pundits of all stripes, on all the news channels predicted a Kerry win in a squeaker, or by a small but comfortable margin.

But unh-uh. That ain't what happened. It was Bush in a squeaker. Because all of the quiet ones got out there and voted.

Why do you think all the Democrats who normally wouldn't be caught dead in a church have been proclaiming their spirituality the last couple of years? They want in on some of that action is what they want. Recently we had the chairman of the Democratic National Committee (Ol' Yee-ha Dean) on the Seven Hundred Club, spouting lies just to try to take some of the Christian vote, and as soon as he was off camera, and being blasted by his own people, he recanted and basically denied truly having the position he spoke of on the Seven Hundred Club.


Why do you think the Democrats want to make twelve million illegal aliens into US citizens? Because they hope that every one of them will vote Democrat. That's all they see. Twelve million potential votes for Democratic Presidential candidates. Nothing more.

So where does this leave us? Do we abandon the Republican party and vote Democrat in protest because we are disappointed in Bush or Congressional Republicans? Nah. Anyone that would do that has no conviction of their beliefs. Vote for Independents? Nah. Not that either. I was registered as Independent most of my adult life and voted as such, but it got us nowhere. I didn't vote for Ross Perot, but his campaign put Clinton in the white house twice. I don't like how the two party system works, but what's a guy to do? Just like I said, pray, decide, and vote. A vote for Independents right now is a vote in the Democrat's favor.


In the end, Republicans, despite their obvious shortcomings, will still get votes from people like me and Lovely Wife, if for no other reason than to try to get the country to lean toward pro-family things.

At least I hope the quiet ones still care enough to get out and vote again. If only to counter the votes of people like Natalie Mains, Madonna, Barbara Streisand, Bruce Springsteen, and Neil Young.

I know Lovely Wife and Myself will. The quiet ones protest in the voting booth, not on the streets or from the concert stage.

Will you?

No comments: