Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #50


13 More Stupid Questions and Answers About Me


Yet another batch of 13 questions stolen by stealth from all over Al Gore's creation.

Has anyone told you a secret this week?
Yes, and I was so excited about being trusted like that, that I immediately told the first ten people I saw. (The actual answer is no. No secrets this week, but I'm really hopeful about next week.)

Have you ever given someone a hickey?
….Um…. (No, I'm NOT blushing. My face is sunburned.)

Who was the last person to call you?
Lovely Wife, to remind me to leave the checkbook at home for her. Exciting, eh?

Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
No, I do not THINK so, I KNOW so! And I'm setting up cameras and microphones and I'm going to prove it. Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

Did you watch cartoons as a child?
Of course. Buggs Bunny / Looney Tunes (Yosimite Sam, Wile E. Coyote, Daffy, Elmer, etc.); also Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, Spider Man.

How many siblings do you have?
Big Sister, Younger Brother. Big Brother passed away in 2001.

Are you shy around the opposite sex?
I’m pretty shy around everybody at first. I'm probably more shy around men than women though. I don't know baseball stats or football stats and I despise NASCAR, so to my own detriment, I assume that I have nothing to talk to other men about.

What movie do you know every line to?
Once upon a time, I knew Smokey and the Bandit pretty good. ("Daddy, look at that big, ugly alligator!" "That reminds me, I need to call your mama.") These days I just know a few lines from various movies. I saw Rocket Man again recently. I know a few lines from that. I like books better, I don't like my entertainment to be spoon fed so much.

Yet another way I'm boring.

Do you own any band t-shirts?
Yes, a couple of Disciple ones. I don't go to many concerts any more, the ticket prices are ridiculous.

What is your favorite salad dressing?
Ranch. More boring-ness, I'm afraid. And while we're on the subject, why don't restaurants have Thousand Island any more? That was the big dog before Ranch was invented.

Do you read for fun?
Oh Yeah. Now we're cookin' with gas. A mix of fiction to escape the bonds of this mortal existence for a while, and technical stuff, partly to keep up with changes in engineering for work, and partly because I'm simply a geek and like math and physics related books.

Do you cry a lot?
No. I haven't cried in a few days now. Really though, I rarely cry, but don't you feel all fresh and renewed after a good cry?

Who was the last person to text message you?
I'm 44, not 14; there are no text messages in my world. I hate ALL telephones, especially cell phones and use them as little as possible. I'm an electrical engineer who has to ask Number Two Daughter how to do the simplest things on a cell phone because I don't care enough to learn for myself. I hold the frazzlin' thing upside down half the time and you expect me to be able to retrieve and possibly respond to a text message? Not gonna happen.

Truthfully, Cingular AT&T texts me from time to time trying to sell me some service or another.



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


16 comments:

Julie said...

I may not make it here often but you can count on me for your TT list!

The only text I get is a reminder to pay my bill!

Happy TT! Unfortunately I have no time to do one. Maybe next week.

Anonymous said...

HAHA I love the list! I totally under stand the Cell thing and I'm 27. I hate phones!

I may have to steal this TT idea from you! It's great!

Unknown said...

I hate cell phones too. My kids have to help me with mine all the time!

The Rock Chick said...

You know, I thought I would hate text messaging, too, but once I got the hang of typing with numbers, I totally like it!!! And...since that's the only way teenagers communicate nowadays and I have 4 of them, it was probably a good thing to know!!

You should really give it a try!

Happy TT
Jessica The Rock Chick

Cindy Swanson said...

Normally I like to answer the questions too, but I just don't have time today! :( Great list, though...and yes, I do feel better after a good cry!

Jessica Morris said...

I enjoyed your Q&A again!!

At church one Sunday the speaker was trying to get his point across about how people needed to spend time in God's word to really get to know Him. He used a *very bad* example of how when people get a new cell phone you always pull out the manual to read it and 'get to know' your phone. EVERYONE younger than me started snickering - they just "get it", never read a manual! It's like they're born with this cell phone skill!

What books do you like to read?

1UP RPG said...

I'm exactly the same when it comes to talking to other guys. I watch NO sports, so it causes a bit rift.

Click here for my blog

Lori said...

LMAO....loved your list. So, you've never given a hickey, huh??? and excuse me, im 40 and get text messages just not 100 an hour....lol. Scooby Doo rocks!! Happy TT.

Chelle Y. said...

Your answers made me laugh. :)

www.chelleyoung.com

Carina said...

I don't know anything about sports either, but I'm still usually more comfortable talking to men than women. Less competition, I guess.

I added pictures to my book list, if you're interested.

none said...

I got a text message from sprint, it scared me out of my skin when my phone started making all kinds of weird noise and woke me out of a dead sleep.

Norma said...

I used your last week's TT for mine this week. I don't think I'll use this one. Stop by.

katherine. said...

you read engineering books and don't text with your kids????

I so want an iPhone...waiting until January when the prices drop....

Travis Cody said...

Oh I used to know Smokey & the Bandit lines too.

"First thing I'm gonna do when I get home is punch yo mama in the mouth."

Or a personal favorite...

Cletus: Is she wearing a wedding dress?

Bandit: She was.

Cletus: What's she wearin now? Tell me what that woman's got on...her mind? Ha ha ha! 10-4!

OK. I'm a geek.

Sharon Lynne said...

So you read engineering books. I read math books...and sometimes, history books.

I wouldn't mind texting, but it can get expensive.

Entertaining list!

Qtpies7 said...

Has anyone told you that you are funny? Cause you are!
I only get text messages about paying my bills, too. But when we first got the phones they came in the mail and I decided to get phone numbers programmed into them before dh got home. Everytime I did something it would say I sent a text message! I was freaking out and threw the phones while my girlfriend laughed and laughed at me.
I still can barely do more than dial a phone number.
But I can blog, so who cares about anything else?
I thought about you on Thursday when I was putting $10 of gas in my van and I got $10.01 and couldn't leave it at that. I had to go for $10.50 at that point. And I made it! Whew!