Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Skinny Person Inside of Me

Even us fat folks have a skinny person inside. Here's a picture of mine.

This was when I was six years old and we were living in Vidalia, Louisiana at the time. That's a hefty set of arms, eh?

I got a kick out of seeing the pic and also finding the actual red hat in a box last week. I showed it to Numbers One and Two Daughter.

They weren't impressed that I still have the hat, but I thought it was cool. I LOVED wearing that thing around the house at night. I guess I considered it an old timey night cap, like Ebenezer Scrooge.

Here's a scan of the hat as it is today. The white part isn't as yellowed as it came out in the scanner; it's actually in great shape.

The massive cranium I ended up with is too large to try it on again, but it's still cool to have and hold.

2 comments:

none said...

I used to be a skinny kid too. Not sure what happened.

Cool hat, You need to upgrade to a larger one ;)

Carina said...

Now that's a little fellow who needs to gain about 250 lbs!