Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #47


13 More Stupid Questions and Answers About Me


Still stealing meme questions from other people's blogs to keep up with Thursday Thirteen.

1. Have you ever gotten a truck driver to honk his horn? Oh yeah. When we were kids, way before seat belt laws, Big Brother and I knelt in the rear seat to pump our arms for many miles, hoping to get a trucker to honk his horn.

2. Which would you rather live with: a huge nose or crossed eyes? Hmmm. Jimmy Durante became famous despite having a huge nose. Karan Black became famous despite being cross-eyed. I flipped a coin. It came up "big nose" so I'll just go with that.

3. Would you hang out with someone your best friend didn't like? Yes, I think so. I've always been able to make friends from all over the human spectrum, so it's quite possible some of them might not like one another.

4. Would you hang out with someone your best friend liked, but you didn’t like? Assuming this is all three of us together and not just me and the one I don't like, yes. Otherwise no. I wouldn't hang out with someone I just flat-out couldn't get along with.

5. Have you ever returned a gift? Back to the person who gave it to me? No. At least I don't remember ever doing this.

6. Would you give someone else a gift that had been given to you? Not rewrapped. I might give someone something that was originally a gift to me if another person expressed a desire to have one. But I wouldn't try to pass it off as a new gift.

7. If you could attend an Olympic Event, what would it be? Weight lifting. I once loved to lift weights, although I was never in that class of lifting.

8. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Six, maybe seven, counting slippers and sandals.

9. If your grandmother gave you a gift that you already have, would you tell her? No.

10. Do you sing in the car? Yeah. It's a known fact that if a known bad singer is alone in the car and then sings, at those times, he's every bit as good as Pavaroti.

11. Would you rather jump into a dumpster or into a vat of honey? Honey. It tastes good, and I'm going to have to take a shower right after this anyway, so it might as well be a known substance instead of Lord only knows what from a dumpster.

12. What is your favorite breed of dog? I'd say poodle since we have four of them. They're cute, funny, playful 'til the day they die, and don't shed.

13. Would you donate money to feed starving animals in the winter? Yes.



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


11 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Another fun list of questions and answers. :) I'm glad you would donate to feed starving animals! Both of my humans like weightlifting, but only for fitness.

Sindi1968 said...

Which would you rather live with: a huge nose or crossed eyes?
Do not forget Owen Wilson's and his nose. LOL
What if you had a big nose and stared at it like Steve Martin did and went cross eyed?

Julie said...

Great list...again!

Re-gifting...wasn't that a Seinfeld episode?

Anonymous said...

cool questions :)

Anonymous said...

YOu had me laughing out loud at #2, I'd rather have a big nose too, and singing like Pavarati. I think I sound like Carrie Underwood myself, when it's just me singing in the car.

More fun questions and answers, JAM!

Happy TT!

Mitchypoo said...

Four poodles! Wow! Great list!

Perri Nelson said...

Some fun questions there... I'd rather have the big nose.

Lori said...

Great questions...where do you get this stuff?? I love the idea. Happy TT....I sing in the car too;)

Travis Cody said...

You're really onto something with this borrowing of questions. It works out pretty well.

I remember back in the day - my sister and I would watch for truckers and pump our arms for the horn.

Qtpies7 said...

Interesting list and answers. I'd go for the big nose, too. Its probably easier to get a nose job than fix the eyes.
But I'm torn about the honey, I don't like to be sticky and the question didn't say the dumpster was full of unknown stuff, it could be empty!

Anonymous said...

Hey--haven't been by this blog before. Pleased to meet you. I had a bit of a read and am enjoying it--actual wit and wisdom! Life is good.

I have two TTs:

http://www.markeroni.com/blog/
13 Snarfs (Historical Markers) at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

http://www.ravensroads.com
13 Things I want to do