Sunday, July 22, 2007

Picture Post, Sunday July 22, 2007

This is what we call The Rosie Nose. Our red poodle, Rosie, loves to get under the covers and that's one of her ways of moping in the morning and shows her displeasure at our impending departures for work. I think it's cute though.

Lovely Wife and I were out and about one day and she decided to stop for a Tropical Smoothie smoothie. I saw these neon signs and stepped out of the car and took a couple of pictures. Lovely Wife said that inside all the workers were like, "Hey! What's that Dude doing with the camera?" and "Is he taking pictures of us?" in scared tones. Lovely Wife just waved 'em off. "Nah, that's just my husband and his camera. They're harmless."

I liked this one of the neon signs though.

These next two photos are of some air plants that grow all through several of our trees. We were told the trees are myrtle, but I have no idea what these guys are called. You can see the rust colored blossoms on them though. I thought that was kinda neat.


This is a couple of trimmed fronds on some plants in front of one of our public libraries. I did a nice black and white conversion of it and posted it on my photography blog a few weeks ago, but I liked the deep greens of the color one too, so that's what yer gittin'.

3 comments:

none said...

My dog does that too. She is part poodle as well.

I like good neon as well.

photowannabe said...

Cute Rosie nose. Dogs really have a personality.
Nice set of shots John.

Angela Marie said...

Don't you just love your dogs!? I do not know what I would do without all four of mine. They fill my day and heart up with joy. They all have such big personalities.

I get looks all of the time when I have my camera. I was considering making myself a badge to hang around my neck to throw people off, they would just think it was my job. giggle!

great photos! Very interesting about what grows in the trees.