Monday, July 16, 2007

Myelogram Monday, and Joe Satriani Plays A Favorite

I'd appreciate your prayers today.

When I got home from work Friday, I had a message from University Center Imaging, reminding me that I have a myelogram Monday morning at 9am.

The procedure is basically like a spinal tap, but instead of withdrawing spinal fluid to check for viruses and whatnot, while they have the spinal cavity tapped, they inject dye into it and as the dye spreads, they look at the area on a fluoroscope. The fluoroscope is like an x-ray, but shows things real time on a monitor instead of having to develop film.

Once the radiologist does the tap, and looks to see what damage he can see on the fluoroscope, they then will put me on a CAT scan for the best imaging they can get.

Then I have to stay there under their observation for four hours to ensure the spinal tap area stops bleeding and that I don’t get a dye induced migraine.

I'm not so much worried about the procedure, but it IS a bit difficult going in knowing that it's gonna hurt. I hurt enough already, but if they can find a problem, then it will give me options to ease the daily pain.


So, I'm linking a You Tube video of Joe Satriani. It's a live video of him playing my all-time favorite song by him, Until We Say Goodbye. The song is incredibly beautiful, but at times it rocks too. The perfect combination of melody and power. It's instrumental.

If you don't know who Joe Satriani is, he's one of the greatest guitarists alive. He's a true student of the instrument as well as a gifted songwriter.

Hope y'all enjoy it. (You probably need broadband for this. It's about a 4 minute song.)

2 comments:

photowannabe said...

Sorry I didn't get to your blog before you had the procedure. I hope everything went well and that something can be done to relieve your pain.

Qtpies7 said...

I hope you have some good news and that things didn't get worse. I have a good friend who has had constant migrains since she had an epidural and it caused a spinal leak. Its been almost 4 solid years of a migraine.