Still stealing meme questions from other people's blogs to keep up with Thursday Thirteen.
1. Would you rather be rich and unhappy, or poor and happy? Poor and happy. Happy is such an elusive state that I think I would have to choose poor and happy. What good is money if your are miserable?
2. If you fell into quicksand, would you try to swim or try to float? I guess I'd try to swim. Wait, no, maybe float; I'm sure Tarzan would show up and throw a vine to me and pull me out. Nah, with my luck, Gilligan would show up instead and two of us would die. I'd try to swim.
3. Do you ask for directions when you are lost? I'm a man. I am therefore never lost. Therefore I never need to ask for directions. (OK, I just said that to make Lovely Wife laugh, I usually call and ask her for directions. She knows the streets better than the cops and firemen do.)
4. Have you ever had a Mexican jumping bean? Yes, and I had forgotten about it until just now. Kinda creeped me out when I found out there was a worm in there.
5. Are you more like Cinderella or Alice in Wonderland? This is hard to answer from a man's point of view, but I'll go with the idea that I'm much more like Alice in Wonderland. I have complete and different worlds inside my head.
6. Would you rather have an ant farm with no ants or a box of crayons with broken points? The crayons, because, hey, even a brand new box gets them all broken within a week or so anyway, so you have to peel the paper and sharpen them puppies. In a perfect world, we would all receive the big boxes of Crayolas with the built in sharpener. I totally lusted after a 64 Crayola box with the sharpener when I was a kid.
7. Do you prefer light or dark bread? Light bread for sandwiches and fresh, hot dark bread with butter along with other types of meals.
8. Do you prefer scrambled or fried eggs? I prefer fried, over easy, but scrambled is so easy that I just usually scramble them.
9. Have you ever been in a car that ran out of gas? Oh yeah. Ask Lovely Wife, who was hugely pregnant and asleep at 2:30am when I called her to come get me.
10. Do you talk in your sleep? I don't think so, unless snoring is some sort of strange sleep talk?
11. Would you rather shovel snow or mow the lawn? Uh, mow. Enough snow to have to shovel implies that I live somewhere with hard winters. No thanks, I'll mow, sweat, then swim in the pool or take a shower.
12. Would you rather be bitten by a poisonous snake or constricted by a python?
Well, if it's guaranteed that I'm gonna die, then the poisonous snake bite. But if it's not a given that I will die, the python, because I always carry a knife, and I'd have a fighting chance to cut that sucker clean in half before I die. Go down fighting if I can, ya know?
13. Have you ever played in the rain? Yes. I grew up in Louisiana. It rained a lot. If you're out playing, and there is no lightning, we'd sometimes just keep playing football or whatever.