Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #45


13 More Questions and Answers About Me


Still stealing meme questions from other people's blogs to keep up with Thursday Thirteen.

1. Would you rather be rich and unhappy, or poor and happy? Poor and happy. Happy is such an elusive state that I think I would have to choose poor and happy. What good is money if your are miserable?

2. If you fell into quicksand, would you try to swim or try to float? I guess I'd try to swim. Wait, no, maybe float; I'm sure Tarzan would show up and throw a vine to me and pull me out. Nah, with my luck, Gilligan would show up instead and two of us would die. I'd try to swim.

3. Do you ask for directions when you are lost? I'm a man. I am therefore never lost. Therefore I never need to ask for directions. (OK, I just said that to make Lovely Wife laugh, I usually call and ask her for directions. She knows the streets better than the cops and firemen do.)

4. Have you ever had a Mexican jumping bean? Yes, and I had forgotten about it until just now. Kinda creeped me out when I found out there was a worm in there.

5. Are you more like Cinderella or Alice in Wonderland? This is hard to answer from a man's point of view, but I'll go with the idea that I'm much more like Alice in Wonderland. I have complete and different worlds inside my head.

6. Would you rather have an ant farm with no ants or a box of crayons with broken points? The crayons, because, hey, even a brand new box gets them all broken within a week or so anyway, so you have to peel the paper and sharpen them puppies. In a perfect world, we would all receive the big boxes of Crayolas with the built in sharpener. I totally lusted after a 64 Crayola box with the sharpener when I was a kid.

7. Do you prefer light or dark bread? Light bread for sandwiches and fresh, hot dark bread with butter along with other types of meals.

8. Do you prefer scrambled or fried eggs? I prefer fried, over easy, but scrambled is so easy that I just usually scramble them.

9. Have you ever been in a car that ran out of gas? Oh yeah. Ask Lovely Wife, who was hugely pregnant and asleep at 2:30am when I called her to come get me.

10. Do you talk in your sleep? I don't think so, unless snoring is some sort of strange sleep talk?

11. Would you rather shovel snow or mow the lawn? Uh, mow. Enough snow to have to shovel implies that I live somewhere with hard winters. No thanks, I'll mow, sweat, then swim in the pool or take a shower.

12. Would you rather be bitten by a poisonous snake or constricted by a python?
Well, if it's guaranteed that I'm gonna die, then the poisonous snake bite. But if it's not a given that I will die, the python, because I always carry a knife, and I'd have a fighting chance to cut that sucker clean in half before I die. Go down fighting if I can, ya know?

13. Have you ever played in the rain? Yes. I grew up in Louisiana. It rained a lot. If you're out playing, and there is no lightning, we'd sometimes just keep playing football or whatever.


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

great list! Happy Independence Day (weekend)!

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing:) Happy TT.

Cinnamon Girl said...

#3 made me giggle :P

Chelle Y. said...

Those were interesting and funny answers! www.chelleyoung.com

photowannabe said...

Love reading this kind of stuff. Perhaps sometime I will have to try it too.
Have a great day John.

Anonymous said...

Hahahah, that's one funny list! LOVE it!

Unknown said...

Giligan would show up to help me, too!

Penny said...

I had to laugh at #3. My DH calls me for directions too. One one occasion I even had to leave a store to come home and talk him through where he needed to go with MapQuest. He says he doesn't need GPS he has me...lol!!

Happy TTing!

Norma said...

Interesting meme. Now we know more about your inner life. ;-)

Qtpies7 said...

Thats a great list! LOL
And I do make my own frech dip stuff! But I have some different and awesome versions!
I make beef or venison with cumin and carmelized onions, and the lay it in cresents or home made bread dough, top with shredded jack, braid the sides of the bread over the top and bake. Then tip with sour cream and dip in au jois! To die for!

none said...

Playing in the rain is one of my fondest memories and I never caught cold from it like the old wives tale said :)

Di said...

I can personally attest to the poor and happy thing. We've made some decisions based on the promise of "more money" and lived to regret them.

And white bread...yes, the Wonder Bread variety we grew up on...is the ONLY kind of bread for a tomato sandwich! And as the fresh tomatoes are starting to ripen in my neighbors' gardens, I'm looking forward to lots of them!

Travis Cody said...

Dude! The big boxes of 64 Crayolas were the best. I remember one summer my gram bought my sister and I our own boxes. We were in crayon nirvana!

Julie said...

Yup this is a great meme, JAM! I like Trav's "crayon nirvana" Too funny!

The mexican jumping bean! Wow that offers a flash back!

Playing in the rain....I love doing that! I sure hope whenever I have grandkids they will do it with me! More then that I hope they'll remember the time when they danced in the rain with grandma. I hope I get to be a grandma.