Sunday, July 08, 2007

Picture Post, Sunday July 8, 2007

I put this photo of Lovely Wife's lighthouse on my photography blog a week or two ago, and thought I would put it here for those that for some strange reason read this blog but don't go to my photography blog. This feller is about 2ft tall and sits beside our pool and had a rechargeable battery that is recharged each day by the sun. A photosensitive cell sees when it starts to get dark and turns on the light in the tower of the lighthouse. It's not very bright but it is really pretty.

I sho-nuff need me one of these bumper stickers:

Stuck on the back of a sign at the beach:

A wooden giraffe, taken in the same store as last Sunday's totem poles:

This is a picture of the Melbourne Causeway, our closest route to the ocean, after I played with it some in Photoshop Elements 4.0. Hope y'all don't mind me getting all artsy-fartsy on ya. Thumbs up, or down?

Have a great Sunday folks!

4 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

I like the picture. It reminds me of the bridge tunnel in Virgia. There is a lot of bridge before the tunnel, and it looks just like that. Makes me miss VA.

none said...

I like the lighthouse too.

Norma said...

I have a lighthouse collection by Cat's Meow--no lights though. We do have a lighthouse nightlight that is absolutely no help in navigating our dark living room at night. I love your photo blog. Keep it up.

photowannabe said...

Thumb's up John. Love the perspective on the causeway. Your whole set of pics. is fun to look at.
The solar lighthouse is so cute. we just got solar lights for the front and back yard. Not a lot of light but they do add ambience.