Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Toosdey Mornin'

I stayed up too late last night working on the great American novel to have anything to write today, so, more slide scans.

Both of these are from a visit to the U.S.S. Alabama, a World War II battleship moored in Mobile, Alabama. These are from 1983. Give 'em a click.

This first one is of the front guns and looking up at the tower where the ship's bridge is. (Superstructure?)


This second on is another set of guns, the shells it shot, and a catapult plane used for reconnaissance.



I'm still on track with NaNoWriMo, just barely. But so far so good, and though it seems to pretty much be garbage so far, the words are flowing.

2 comments:

Peg said...

My secret admirer (aka husband) was a gunner's mate in the navy. These are great photos!

I like your blog! Interesting, and great photography! Thanks for visiting mine as well...

JAM said...

That's cool. My Dad was a gunner's mate on a destroyer in the mid 1950's. I have a few pics of he and some buddies from that time, I've always meant to scan and post them, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I almost joined the Navy while in high school, but balked at the six year commitment for their nuclear program. I passed all the test and the physical, but decided to try college. Sometimes I kinda wish I had joined, but I wouldn't have met my wife, so...

Thanks for visiting and commenting.