Sunday, November 05, 2006

Picture Post, Sunday November 5, 2006

Update: Welcome to the visitors from the Blog Village, A Gonzo! Photography Carnival on Monday, February 26, 2007.

Cheese Whiz! November already? It's a brutally cold November so far here in God's Waiting Room (Florida).

Can you believe that it has already gotten down to below 60 degrees F a couple of nights? Man, it's hard to deal with.

Of course, I'm being silly. It's actually kind of a bummer that it's still so hot. I could really mentally go for a bit of cold, dry weather.

Today's photos are more slides from the 80's.

A train bridge across the Ouachita River in Monroe, Louisiana, in the waning light.

The next two are from that same Gulf Shores, Alabama trip that I had posted some from on yesterday.

I've always loved this photo of Lovely Fiance. So cute in the morning light.

Looking eastward along the beach in Gulf Shores early in the morning.

These last three were taken in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

This first of these was from the front porch of a swanky hotel, looking out at the buildings along the street. That's a Tussaud's wax museum there across the street. It was made by the same folks as the one you always hear about in London when they make a new wax figger of somebody. It's kind of cool and creepy at the same time.

A mule drawn tourist trolley thingamajig.

This last one is some poor soul who's job was to dress up in a costume on an incredibly hot summer day and hand out discount coupons to the I.Q. Zoo animal attraction in Hot Springs. He/she was nice enough to stop and wave for the camera.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Aw!!! I love the pic of your wife and the pic of the duck person, they are both so cute!

Anonymous said...

The beach shot is gorgeous. That early morning color is beautiful.

Visiting from the photography carnival.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

You are so right about FL being cold. LOL

Beautiful pictures, I love travel pictures, they always seem better some how.

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Great photos! I'm here via the carnival :)

Unknown said...

My favorite is "A mule drawn tourist trolley thingamajig"!

I am visiting via the GONZO Photography Carnival!!!

Anonymous said...

your pictures have a lovely mood to them. great colours, too.

visiting via the carnival! (:

Naomi said...

Great photos and lots of happy memories there. That's what photos are all about. I'm visiting you via the photography carnival.

The Gatekeeper said...

Hi JAM . . . who knew?? You are a darn good photographer. And yes, I do feel for Mr. Costume Man, I see them here on the streets of my hometown trying to sell new housing communities. And what's the meaning of "swanky" hotel? Do tell please. Why were you staying in swanky hotel???? LOL!

JAM said...

Gatekeeper. Swanky is a slang term for fancy or expensive. I wasn't actually staying at the hotel, I just went up on it's front steps to get a better view of the street.