Saturday, November 18, 2006

Number One Daughter Turns 21!

This year the hits just keep a-comin'.

Number Two Daughter turned 18 in September.

Number One Daughter turns 21 today.

Where did the time go? When I was a kid, Christmases seemed to be years apart from one another, and now? It seems like Christmas is every four months.

Lovely Wife and I were as clueless as any couple ever when it came to raising kids, so I'm actually pretty amazed she survived to 21.

Now she's old enough to go to truck driving school and do something with her life.

All kidding aside, I love you Rebekah. Always will.


I took this firt picture when she was only a day or two old, at the hospital in Bossier City, Louisiana.



Sometimes you take a photo that just captures someone's personality perfectly. This photo was taken at Yellowstone National Park, in front of Old Faithful, in July 1989. I have always loved this photo. Her entire childhood was spent in motion, pretty much like this.


This was taken around 1993 or so, when we were living back in Monroe, Louisiana and I was working on my engineering degree at Louisiana Tech. She and her sister did some beauty pageants and this was a pro photo taken for her to have a portfolio. I always thought this was really cute.


This was taken last year on her twentieth birthday in her dorm room at the University of Central Florida. She wanted a turntable to play vinyl records on. Go figure. The old saying, "What's old is new again" is true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rebekah!!!!!!! I can't believe you're 21! Now you can legally buy liquor and go to the gambling boats! Ha Ha! Andrew & Jonathan couldn't wait till they hit 21 so they could go to the boat in Shreveport. Didn't take but one time to see that was very over rated!

You are officially an adult today! Your parents are free of any legal obligations concerning you now. So if you get yourself into some big trouble, don't come whining to them! Ha Ha They are free as birds now where you are concerned. Still got a few years left with Rachel though! If you do need bail money for anything though, just call me, I've got experience in that area, your parents don't!

Emily said...

Happy birthday Rebekah!!