Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Fort Lauderdale 1984

I'm a bit behind on my National Novel Writing Month quota, so y'all are getting slide scans. (Try to contain your excitement.)

These were taken in March of 1984 on a trip to Fort Lauderdale.

This is a photo of some stranger's kid on the beach. I wish I had a picture this good of my own kids on the beach. Now it's strange to think that this little girl is now a 24 year old (or so) woman.

Call me a loser, but this was the first time I had seen cool beach chairs like on TV. I still don't get out much, but I was a really sheltered person back then. The things laying on each pair of chairs opened up into a cool looking half-dome shelter.

This last one is of one of the draw bridges over the intracostal waterway in Ft. Lauderdale. At the time, I was thrilled with the whole sailboats and canals thing Ft. Lauderdale had goin' on. The road traffic had to stop when a sailboat came by, which I thought was pretty spiffy. All of that plus the fact that it was 80 degrees F in the day when even Louisiana was still cold, had me loving Ft. Lauderdale.

No comments: