Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #1


Thirteen Songs JAM Hates, Nay, Despises


Tryin' something new here folks. I do some blog surfing and I have noticed that some people do a thing called Thursday Thirteen. Every Thursday they make a list of 13 things about themselves, usually about some particular topic or another.

Thought I would give it a try. I like reading other people's Thursday Thirteens but have avoided doing it myself because I remember how painful it was to come up with 100 Things About Me. I don't need the extra pressure in my life. That's why I keep a link to mine over to the right; that was a lot of work!

Anyway, I decided to give it a try, and on subsequent Thursdays I'll keep doing it. Until I run out of ideas. In fact, if you can think of some subject matter for future versions of my Thursday Thirteen, I'd appreciate it. 'Specially iffen I use that subject. Just leave a comment if you have requests for a set of 'Thirteen'.

J's Thursday Thirteen:
Thirteen Songs I Hate (This one is like shootin' fish in a barrel, I tell ya.)

1. I Love Rock 'n Roll - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. Words cannot describe how much I hate this one. I won't even try.
2. Old Time Rock and Roll - Bob Seeger
3. Lady Marmalade - LaBelle. Includes that horrifying remake by Christina Aguelera, or however you spell her name.
4. Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
Those first four are in order. They have topped my list for over 15 years, and probably always will.
The rest are in no particular order, just puttin' 'em down like they come to me.
5. Your Body Is A Wonderland - John Mayer. I already think this one will end up always on the tip of my tongue and first on my mind like 1-4 have been for so long.
6. That Smell - Lynrd Skynrd
7. Gimme Three Steps - Lynrd Skynrd
8. Once Bitten Twice Shy - Great White
9. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm - Crash Test Dummies. Although I think that dude's voice is cool.
10. What's Up - 4 Non Blondes. It's that song where the lady sings: hey, hey, hey, what's going on. From the early 90's.
11. Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin
12. Loving You - Minnie Ripperton. That squeal she does in this song was foreshadowing of the coming of Mariah Carey. I was blissfully ignorant of how scared I should have been.
13. Nickelback - Any song they've ever recorded or ever will record.

BONUS 14th Song! Beverly Hills - Weezer

I threw in that last one because I was trying to come up with more recent songs, but I have pretty much stopped listening to radio music and mainly play my CDs and it was hard to think of recent songs I hate. Except for the Nickelback, John Mayer, and Weezer songs, the rest are pretty old.

Seriously though, maybe back when I first started the blog, I should have done 13 Things About Me and later 100 Songs I Hate. That would have been a whole lot easier.

In fact, on future Thursday Thirteens, if I get writer's block, I'll just do more songs I hate that week or weeks.

There are bunches more where these came from.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I totally agree with you about the Beverly Hills song...it's pretty much one of the worst songs to come into existance.

I also deplore that "You had a bad day" song that I always here at work. I feel like shooting the speakers or something. That's how much I deplore it...

Anonymous said...

Your top four are definately on my list too as with the Minnie Mouse (I mean Ripperton) song! I also hate/depise/loathe the song Brandy (you're a fine girl). High on my list also is I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston. Also, the old 70's hit, The Night Chicago Died. OMG, I could go on for days here! Remember Billy, Don't Be A Hero? HATE IT! Hey, how about that classic-Who Let The Dogs Out? HATE IT!