Wednesday, February 13, 2008

This Article is Just Plain Funny


NFL Meteorologists Warn Steaming Black-Guy Heads Occurring Later Every Year
"The phenomenon of weather-related African-American supracranial vaporous emission, or 'Steaming Black-Guy Heads,' as it is colloquially known, occurs when cold dry winter air comes into contact with hot, humid, shaven heads of football players, causing their personal water vapor to condense and rise on a column of heated air," the statement read in part. "It is then observed by network cameramen, who overwhelmingly choose to film African-American players due to the dramatic contrasts that result—especially when the player in question is backlit—and beamed to millions of households during time-outs, replay reviews, and other stoppages of play. The viewers then realize that winter has come to America."

There are great quotes in the article, supposedly by Vinnie Testaverde and Brett Favre.

I haven't been laughing much lately, but this one cracked me up.

4 comments:

Scott said...

I'm a tad relieved that I'm not the only Christian who finds some humor in The Onion articles. Whew.
Oops. I hope I didn't blow anything by revealing your sordid source!
[delete the comment if I've just put your salvation in jeopardy]

none said...

I didn't think sports players had enough activity up top to generate heat. Unless they are just using their heads as a radiator.

Rockstar Mom said...

J~

I so totally thought about you today when I read an article about the Palm Bay high school that sent Saturday detention notices to every parent of every student in the school.

As if that's not funny enough, I understand only 40 students actually showed up!

JAM said...

Scott, That's the only thing I've ever read at The Onion. You have me curious now. Are they an anti-Christian web site?

I didn't see anything out of bounds on the sports stuff.

Hammer, I didn't think of it that way. Maybe today's players have less going on up there between the ears and just don't steam like the players of past days.

Marianne, my younger daughter told me about that. I thought that was one heck of a computer glitch to have done that. I haven't heard any more about it though.