Sunday, December 09, 2007

Picture Post, Sunday December 9, 2007

All I have this week is a hodge-podge selection of my old 35mm slides.

This is a neat view of a waterfall within Petit Jeanne State Park in Arkansas.

In December of 1982 there was some serious flooding in northeast Louisiana. One day I went down to where they were filling and placing sand bags to try to save some houses from flooding. This is a soldier in the cab of a Louisiana National Guard truck.

Sand bags were added to a small levee behind a row of houses near a swamp. The water was slowly rising and they were able to keep water out of most of the homes. A lot of back breaking work went on here.

I've posted various pics of my then future In-Law's flowers and plants. Here's one of my own Sainted Mother's caladiums. (caladia? caladii?)

Here's one of Sainted Mother's purdy flars.

I thought the center petals of the flower looked like a mouth or beak, so I added a couple of eyes to make it look more like a face. I know it's lame.

Have a good Sunday folks!

2 comments:

Norma said...

Do you look at these old photos and wonder where they are now?

Great flowers, too.

Blogger said...

Did you know you can shorten your urls with LinkShrink and get money from every visitor to your shortened links.