Sunday, June 01, 2008

Picture Post, Sunday June 1, 2008

Howdy. I went to the doctor this week for a checkup, and while my cholesterol was only 140, my blood pressure is way out of whack and could be a big part of why I've had such a tough time the past few months with no energy and little desire to do anything more than just exist. My blood pressure medicine was adjusted and after only a couple of days am starting to feel a bit better. Nothing miraculous, but an improvement, so I'll take it.

I was also concerned about my liver since I have taken a lot of pain medicine over the past few years, but my "liver numbers look great too" so I'm relieved with that and the amazing cholesterol level. I wasn't too awful worried about it because I only take medicine as directed to, but I still like to know things are working ok inside me.

This first photo pretty much speaks for itself. Just a gorgeous orangey sky one evening overlooking the Indian River Lagoon and the Florida mainland.

Someone went through the trouble of picking a few seashells on the beach and then left them on the handrail part of the boardwalk along the ocean in Indialantic, Florida. Perfect "found" items for photographing though.

Loggerhead turtles are coming ashore and leaving their eggs. All along the beach, home owners cannot use white porch lights because the turtles head straight for them (and high traffic beach areas bad for hatchlings). Home owners can use low wattage yellow lights on their porches though. This sign on at public light pole reminds us that we can't count on it for light once it gets dark for a couple of month every year.

A big ol' yaller flar on a bush by the ocean. (Translation: A large yellow flower caught my eye by the ocean one evening.)

A view of the boardwalk along the Atlantic in Indialantic, Florida. This is a nice park but you best not leave your purse in your car (even if it's out of sight). We learned the hard way that Ford vehicles, trucks and cars, have a door lock that can be easily beaten by ramming a screw driver into the door's keyhole. The lock just pops right open and they can be in and out of your car in seconds. The police told Lovely Wife that Fords are favorite targets of thieves for that reason.

Have a great Sunday, folks.

5 comments:

Carina said...

A turtle light. Hmmm. Very interesting!

none said...

I hear you on the blood pressure.
The doc doubled my dose.

You're right about the way hypertension makes one feel

Norma said...

Now if you could just get rid of that back ache. Do you lose many people when they turn out the lights for the turtles?

Ben Nakagawa said...

I like your B&W version of seashells. That one give more imagination and fun to look at. Of course, your wonderful conversion makes that success.

AndroidRub said...

Hello friends!
Want to change the default wallpaper of the phone? I will share with you the list of good quality wallpapers for mobile phones, you can visit the website to view and download wallpapers for the phone, everything is free and quality:https://colorwallpaper.net/

This is the most attractive wallpaper in 2018:
iron man HD wallpaper
Spider man wallpaper hd
Joker wallpaper hd
Skull wallpaper hd
Beach wallpaper hd