Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fire Update

The Palm Bay Police caught an arsonist trying to start another brush fire here in town this morning at about 4AM.

Moron.

One of Number Two Daughter's good friends came and spent the night with us last night, as their home is in an area where the power lines were destroyed by the fires and Lord only knows when they will get power back up in those areas. I totally understand the desire for a hot shower and a night's sleep under air conditioning.

It's just hard for me to wrap my massive cranium around the idea that someone sets these fires on purpose.

The grass around here is semi green and crunchy, so it's prime real estate for a good fire to get going.

Plus all the pine trees and palmetto is really meant to burn from time to time to open the seed pods and whatnot, but having these fires in residential areas isn't a good thing.

4 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

The fact that someone would do this on purpose blows my mind as well. Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Carina said...

Some people are total morons. That's my educated opinion.

photowannabe said...

I don't get it either...what's with people like that?
Hang the morons by their thumbs...

Bobkat said...

I would suggest that whoever this person is thta they need to be caught before someone gets hurt. It sounds like a tinder box where you are!

Just popped by to say I hope things are okay.