Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #46


13 More Stupid Questions and Answers About Me


I'm still stealing meme questions from other people's blogs to keep up with Thursday Thirteen.

1. Which do you think is more dangerous: an angry bear or a hungry white shark? Hungry great white shark. Pretty close call though. I just think that I might end up with some pretty hideous scars, but would survive a bear attack. I'm thinkin' a big ol' shark would take an arm or leg and I'd bleed to death in about two minutes.

2. Would you climb a very high tree to save a kitten? Nah. If I were young and really fit, yes. Not now though.

3. Can you tell the difference between a crocodile and an alligator? No. I don't have eyes in the back of my head to look at and ponder the difference while I'm attempting to run away.

4. Do you drink pepsi or coke? Doesn't matter to me. My taste isn't discriminating enough to care for one over the other.

5. Whats your favorite number? I don't have a favorite number, as in feeling lucky or anything. But if pressed on the matter, I would say that pi is my favorite number. That 3.14159 is just SO darn useful. I kinda dig "e", the base of natural logarithms, which is also irrational, so I'll just call it 2.71828.

I'll bet you're sorry you asked that one now, aren't you?

6. If you were a car, would you be an SUV or a sports car? SUV. Before screwing up my back I was an EXCELLENT pack mule; definitely more SUV-like.

7. Have you ever accidentally taken something from a hotel? No. But I've accidentally left things at hotels. And I've never understood the fascination with hotel towels anyway.

8. Would you blow your nose at the dinner table? In general, no. But if it's just immediate family and it's that after-everyone-is-through-eating period when we're all just talking, yeah, I would. Not with visitors though.

9. Have you ever slipped in the bathtub? Yeah, but haven't broken anything or cut anything. Only bruises to show for it.

10. Do you use regular or deodorant soap? Deodorant. After my last back surgery I hallucinate smells, and no longer trust my nose. I'm a bit paranoid about how I smell and use deodorant soap to add a level of mental ease to my worries.

11. Have you ever locked yourself out of the house? No. Not that I recall. Car, yes, house, no.

12. Would you rather make your living as a singing cowboy or as one of the Simpsons voices? I've never watched the Simpsons. Can a person make a living doing one show's character voice? I've always wanted to sing, and I like cowboys, so on the surface, a singing cowboy sounds pretty cool. But then they probably only sing country music, which I hate (despise even). Ok, I'd do a Simpson's voice because I couldn't handle listening to myself sing country music all the time. That's my final answer.

13. If you could invite any movie star to your home for dinner, who would it be? This was actually kind of tough. As a politically conservative person, most movie stars and I would be in a fist fight within about 5 minutes. And if I said Mel Gibson or Tom Selleck, I'd never see my wife again, so I'll go with Bruce Willis. He seems like the kind of person who would be great to have over for a Bar-B-Q



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


15 comments:

Unknown said...

#5 is the best answer ever!! LOL!

Unknown said...

great idea for a list..Hubby would love to hand with my Bruce as well..ALl great answers

Lori said...

Love the idea!!! Thanks for the insight:) Happy TT.

Qtpies7 said...

Oh my gosh those are funny! I totally agree on #1, but only because I think there is a better chance of being able to outrun someone with a bear, but a shark, sorry, noone can outswim one. A bear you can play dead with, and a shark? They don't care, as long as you are tasty. Besides, by the time you know it is there, it already knows you are food.
My hubby would NOT invite Keanu Reeves over, I'm sure of that. Or Pierce Brosnan. Or George Clooney.

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

Excellent idea and list! Now I'll know what to do next time I'm at a loss for a Thursday Thirteen.

Thanks for stopping by.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Cool questions and answers. :) I like your favourite numbers!

katherine. said...

some of these may be a bit tough for me to answer....

Jacob said...

Yes! I detest country as well!

Funny you should mention it, I've had to blow my nose during the meal before-- in consequence of my bent for hot peppers, like the habanero.

I've locked myself out the the house lots of times, but only when someone else is home. When I was a little kid, my super-power (skinniness) was called on more than once to obtain re-entry when the family got locked out. :D

Fun questions-- and answers! Thanx for sharing. --Jacob

Cindy Swanson said...

Usually I answer these myself, but don't have a lot of time today. Couple of comments though:

--You hallucinate smells? Wow. Interesting. That would be very weird.

--I'm with you on the Simpsons. My sons have always loved them, but I have never watched an entire show.

--And John, John, John!!! You've got to take a stand on this Coke/Pepsi thing! :)

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Mmm.. Bruce Willis. I'd have him over for dinner any night. lol

none said...

I'd pick Bruce Willis too. He seems to be one of the few with good sense.

Perri Nelson said...

That's an interesting way to build a list. I know how hard it is to come up with a new list every week.

Gattina said...

And if your nose is running into your soup ? Don't you blow your nose then, lol ?

thethinker said...

I definitely agree with #1. I might be able to outrun a bear, but there is no way that I'd outswim a shark.

Scribbit said...

Love the info--and I'm with you. A shark would be worse.

But here's what we debated: would you rather be eaten by a shark or a giant squid?

Sharks would be quicker but you'd have lasting fame with the squid.