Saturday, October 21, 2006

Namibia

This has been one crazy year so far, and the election isn't even here yet.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The upcoming mid term elections.

The U.S. Democrat's October surprise of the Mark Foley "scandal" to influence voters on the elections.

But for my money, Namibia takes the cake.

I mean, I had barely even heard of Namibia until Angelina Jolie and Baby Daddy went there for her to have their baby earlier this year.

Later, it made the news when Britney Spears said she was thinking about going there to have her last child, even though she ended up not doing that.

So now, the great thespian, Wesley Snipes is on the lam from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service for owing something like 12 million dollars in back taxes.

Where did he finally show up?

That's right boys and girls, Namibia.

Now I know three things about Namibia:

1. There IS a Namibia.

2. It's a great place for birthin' babies.

3. They have no extradition treaty with the U.S.

Numbers one and two don't impress me much, but I'll try to remember number three.

Just in case.


One day coming home from work, I had my camera with me. This was the view through the windshield of our Taurus just before I turned south onto I-95. Just wanted to share.

No comments: